Sunday, November 27, 2005

Cloud Nine Sweater

Well, I started it yesterday and finished it today. If I had sat down for one straight time it probably would've taken me about three hours to do. The pattern was easy. I don't think I will be using Baby Clouds yarn again though. It was a nightmare to sew with when sewing the seams of the sweater and weaving in the ends. It keep tugging and tearing. Also, I don't think I like this pattern very well. It was written great and all but there were things about it that I would've changed.

It had ch-3's at the turn of each round and I would've used ch-2's instead. The ends of the rows now have gaps from this. Also, the pattern used the turning ch's as the first dc's and I don't think I would have done that. This also helped in creating those gaps.

Also, the pattern said to use an "N" hook which they say is 10.oomm. I bought an "N" hook and mine is only 9.00mm. I actually found a second "N" hook today in my hook basket and it also said 9.00mm. I started another pattern today put out by Red Heart (same company as the Baby Clouds pattern) and it said the same thing. "N" hook = 10.00 mm. Now this throws my guage off. I am trying to adjust it for this pattern though since I know the problem now.

Anyways, all in all, the sweater turned out pretty cute and I will definately have something to put on Chloe when we go out in the cold. (especially up north this coming winter.)
















Doesn't she look like an angel in her fluffy cloud?





















I still have to add the buttons but I will be buying those later and I had to get this picture up for everyone to see. (a little bit of my impatience shows through.)






















Well, some bad news for today is that tomorrow is the day we have decided to put our dog Simba down. I am a bit sad about this as she is technically my dog. (James got her for me.) She is 11 years old and has arthritis very bad. Sometimes she can't even stand up and then gives up and lays back down. That is the saddest thing on the face of the earth to watch. Someone giving up because it hurts too bad.

Well, anyway, tomorrow the deed will be done. I called my girlfriend Ashlie and she said that she would come over to help me keep my mind off it. I don't want to be sitting around the house thinking about it. So, we are going shopping with her mother.

I am thinking that I need some new shoes to go with all those new clothes I bought last week. I need some brown shoes to go with my brown outfits, and some kind of cool shoes with pink accents to go with the pink clothes I got. I am tired of wearing the same shoes every day. I have worn the same dress shoe to church since highschool. (and for me that was about 8 years ago.) So, I am in need of something a little more funky or trendy to accessorize my wardrobe.

We ended up not getting all our Christmas lights up yesterday. It started raining. We had a tornado warning today but nothing happened except some strong winds. Maybe we can get the rest of them up tomorrow. I am excited though because the ones we have up look soooo good.

I attempted to make my own chili today. Without a recipe!!! I am so proud of myself. I just kind of made it up as I went along. It turned out really good. Even James liked it!!!

Well, off to work on my dear mother's Christmas gift. Oh!! I can say what it is here because she actually picked it out. I am making her a poncho in Red Heart Tiki yarn. Very pretty. I will not be posting a photo of it until after Christmas though since I don't want her to "see" it.

No comments: