Tuesday, November 08, 2005

First Day of New Blog

Today I am starting a new blog. I have a current blog on yahoo 360 but I have seen many people with blogs here and they seem much better. I am a bit confused by all of this though. Things have changed drastically since I took computer classes in highschool. (which wasn't THAT long ago, BTW) All this HTML stuff and codes and buttons and forums and stuff is really confusing. I will try to get it down though.

The reason I wanted a new blog was because on other blogs I have seen, people are able to post multiple pictures as they type along. On my current one, I can only post one picture per entry and it has to be at the top. So, I am going to try to post a picture now.


Hey, it worked. This is a picture of the dress I tested for Etaria over at CrochetGarden.com. I just love all her patterns and am pleased that she allows me to test her patterns.

She is actually the one who inspired me the most to try out my own hand at designing patterns. I have designed two things so far. A scarf and a tank top for my baby girl. Both those patterns need to be tweaked a bit before I can write them out. The tank top especially. The straps are too big and fall off and I don't like the way the armholes look.

Here is a picture of my baby girl in the tank top.

Isn't she a doll? I love her so much. She is so much fun and the light of my life. (her and her daddy!!!) She loves being my little model, although now she has learned that the camera is something she can touch so she tries to touch it all the time. She won't sit still anymore for a picture. As soon as she sees the camera, she crawls towards me and starts grabbing for it.

So, tell me what you think of my tank top. Should I re-edit it or scratch it completely? It didn't really turn out like I had pictured in my mind. I would like to take it out completely and start over from scratch.

Right now I am working on a dress design that I like much better. I am not going to take any pictures of it till it is closer to completion if not completed all the way. That way, it will be kind of like a suprise.

I really shouldn't be designing right now. I have so many other projects to work on. I have three Christmas presents left to make and also my mother's Christmas gift. I still have half of a bonnet to finish testing for crochetgarden.com. I have a "special project" for my dh for Christmas that I have been working on in secret. I don't think he will read this blog but I don't want to mention what it is in case he does. Actaully, if he reads this, then he will automatically know what it is just by me mentioning it. Oh well. I really want it to be a suprise though.

Here is a picture of the scarf I designed.
I am calling it Cottage Rose. It will be one out of a collection of scarves. I want to make one called Cabbage Rose, Christmas Rose, Winter's Rose and suchlike. I am just waiting until I get this dress designed and some other things done. Also waiting on inspiration too. I have an idea for one of the rose ones. Not sure which one until I make it up though.

I had an idea today of an outfit to design in thread for Chloe. (my baby girl) It will be kind of like overalls and it will have a white shirt underneath. I think I want the shirt to be long sleeved so that will be a challange to make. I am already worried about how to do the sleeves on this dress I am currently designing. I am also trying to think of a good name for it.

I wanted to have a holiday collection of dresses with names such as Christmas Love, Sweetheart, Easter Rain, Freedom Belle, Thankful Memories but this dress doesn't really fit any of those names. So, I am thinking maybe something like Fairytale Dreams or Treasured Celebration. I don't know. I am leaning toward the Fairytale Dreams one. I kind of like it.

Well, this is getting to be long enough for today. I just really wanted to see how this whole thing works. I will get better at this and try to keep my posts more interesting. I am also running on about three hours of sleep from last night and it is now after 9 tonight so needless to say, I am pretty tired and want to get to bed.

Good night All.

4 comments:

Jen said...

That tank top is adorable! And the dress is gorgeous! :-D

Lionheart said...

Hey, this is your brother from Arizona. Thanks for the invite! I love your blogspot. I'm trying to figure out how to do all this stuff, and feel bad that I don't have much time away from work to figure it all out or even to blog, once I think I know what I'm doing. One problem I may or may not figure out today is whether or not I can post pictures without installing a special program in my computer or something. (Since I can't go online with my own computer right now, that could be a problem... When I tried to include a photo in my profile, it wouldn't accept a photo from my CD ROM, and blogger.com just offers a program to download).

Anyway, that's way off the subject. I'm enjoying your pix, etc.

Take care,
Daniel "Lionheart"

Lionheart said...

Hey, this is your brother from Arizona. Thanks for the invite! I love your blogspot. I'm trying to figure out how to do all this stuff, and feel bad that I don't have much time away from work to figure it all out or even to blog, once I think I know what I'm doing. One problem I may or may not figure out today is whether or not I can post pictures without installing a special program in my computer or something. (Since I can't go online with my own computer right now, that could be a problem... When I tried to include a photo in my profile, it wouldn't accept a photo from my CD ROM, and blogger.com just offers a program to download).

Anyway, that's way off the subject. I'm enjoying your pix, etc.

Take care,
Daniel "Lionheart"

Lionheart said...

Hi, it's your long lost brother from Arizona! I love your blogspot. I've tried to make my own (The Lionheart Chronicles), but I don't know that I'll have time to figure out the very simple things like, how to add a photo into my profile or onto a blog... y'know, stupid things like that that everybody else already knows. After this month I'll be quitting one of my jobs, so either I'll spend time doing stuff like that then, or I'll actually just get as much sleep as I need.

Otherwise, I'd call you and ask, but I just tried that and remembered on the fourteenth ring that you never answer your phone :-| . I love you anyway. :)

I'd love to see y'all for turkey day, but I remembered that during the summer I told Mom and Dad that I'd visit for thanxgiving or Christ-mas. So I chose thanksgiving to visit them so I don't have to buy presents for everyone. (I may be a schmuck, but at least you can appreciate that I'm a practical schmuck).

Say hi to everyone!

With lots of love,
Daniel "Lionheart"

(I know that's not how you're supposed to close a blog, but what the heck, I'm a green blogger and I don't know any better)

Oh, hey, I think I just figured out why I didn't see my last comment, so I went to all the trouble of writing a whole new comment... you have to approve it first before it posts! I feel stupid now... I could have had a V8!