Saturday, November 26, 2005

Motif Handbag Complete and other things

I am so excited. I finished this Motif Handbag for my girlfriend Ashlie for Christmas. I am quite pleased with how it turned out. I have yet to line it and am still deciding whether I even want to or not. I think I was supposed to block it to before I sewed the pieces together. It is kind of lumpy. I may try to block it now even though it is sewn together. Might work...might not...how else will I learn except to try it.


So, post a comment and tell me what you think of it. I wish I could take really nice picture of my things like they do at crochetville. Some of thier pictures look like they were taken in a studio. Etaria over at www.crochetgarden.come takes beautiful pictures too. I don't know how they do it!!!

Well, Thanksgiving went great here. We spent the day just lounging around and not doing much of anything. I worked a bit on that purse during the day and made some cranberry cheese bread and some regular homemade bread. And NO!! I did NOT use a bread machine. I am old-fashioned and kneaded it with my own two breadmakers that the good Lord blessed me with and let it rise on my counter top. I tried a new thing this time though. I shaped the loaves into two rounds and baked them this way. It didn't work so well though. They kind of sank while baking and then spread out. It was still yummy though.

We went to our friends house for dinner. I have mentioned Ashlie on this blog before. (She is the one I made the purse for.) Anyway, Ashlie and Laura live at home with their parents and they have thanksgiving dinner every year at thier house so they invited us over. It was fun. There were a few other people there from our church too.

Mrs. Blair had a little horsey thing that they put Chloe on while I wasn't looking. I walked around the corner to find this.

I had to get a picture of it when I saw it. It was just the cutest thing. Chloe was so pleased with herself too. She had a great time on her horsey.


What a doll!! I just love her.



She's not quite ready for it but she thought it was great anyway. Teach them young...right?

Well, I had better get off this computer. We are putting up Christmas lights today. Icicle lights all around the outside of our house. Maybe I will even take a picture of them tonight to show everyone. It will be beautiful.

No comments: