Saturday, December 03, 2005

Pig Rear, Bookmark and More Coasters

Wow!! I have been getting so many gifts done and ready to wrap this week it is a miracle. I am almost done with the gifts that need to be mailed. I just have to make a hat and bootie set for my newest neice and a little lapghan for my nephew and all my gifts are ready to go. I still have a bit of shopping to do before I can mail them though. I decided that this year we are going to send a book to each neice and nephew instead of trying to make them all something. That was okay until we got our own little one. I am so busy making things for her all year that I don't have time to make the neices and nephews things. I think one family gift (Snowman cross stitch pictures this year) and a book per child should be good.

I made this Piggies Rear End today. It was so much fun to make and it only took me about 20-30 minutes. I still have to add a magnant but other than that it is complete.


Mr. Piggy rear was made with this pattern and a size G hook with Red Heart Sport yarn in pink. I think it is adorable and that Laura will totally love it.

I made a set of coasters for my sister's stocking. I used this pattern, size 10 navy blue thread and a size 5 hook. I hope she likes them. I took a picture of them with my miniature wine glass.


This last picture today is a bookmark I made for my girlfriend Molly. We were best friends in fourth grade and then I moved away and we maintained contact through the years and are still friends to this day. (quite a feat for 10 year olds, I think!!) Anway, we haven't exchanged gifts ever but I just wanted to let her know that I was thinking of her this year. I have never crocheted a bookmark and after seeing everyone's over at C'ville, I thought it would be something simple and easy to make. I made it in about 40 minutes. Perfect little gift for that last minute person.
I used size 10 thread and a 5 hook and this pattern.

To tell you the truth, I started writing this post on Saturday night but time got away from me and I couldn't get it posted so now it is Monday morning and I am finishing it. I will make another seperate post for todays thing though. So, let's just pretend that this is still Saturday.

I am off now to clean house. (or actually, since its supposed to be Saturday, I'm off to bed.)

No comments: