Sunday, January 08, 2006

Goodbye James/Daddy

Today was the day...a tearful day. We said goodbye to James today for 7 months. He will be in the states for the next month and than he is off to Afghanistan for 6 months. I cannot believe that I will not be seeing him for 7 months. It seems unreal. The longest we have not seen each other before was for 5 months. He had joined the military and left for a year. We saw each other during that year though and then we were married. After we were married, we have only been seperated for a week or two at a time and the longest was about 5 months but we saw each other three times during those 5 months. So, this beats it all. It is sure better than a year in Korea. (which he was getting hot for until he took this assignment.)

We were able to snap some pictures of James and Chloe while James was trying on his uniform yesterday.

I don't think Chloe has a clue as to what is going on. She won't see her daddy again until she is 17 months old. (she will be 10 months old next Sunday.) I was crying for a bit today but she didn't seem bothered by it.

James told me yesterday that 7 months may seem like forever but its not. Forever is a very long time. I thought that was a neat perspective to put on the situation. I do have the feeling that this is forever but I must realize that its not. I will spend all of eternity with James and my Lord and these 7 months will seem like nothing compared to that. Oh how I look forward to that. No more tears, no more goodbyes, no more hate or war or sin or anything that hinders my relationship with Jesus. What a day that will be!! When my Jesus face I shall see!!

I am honored to be the wife of such a man as this. He is by far the best husband any lady could dream of. He is excited to be able to serve his country in wartime and I am honored to be able to stand by him and support him in this. He tells everyone that this will be a story to tell the grandkids. The time he went to war. I am just thankful that he won't be crawling through the trenches and shooting guns and stuff like that. I do have a lot to be thankful for. Thank you Lord for a wonderful husband who loves me with all his might. Thank you Lord for my beautiful daughter who keeps my focus where is should be instead of on myself and how I feel.

Well, I think I have said enough about this for a day. I am tired and I think I will go to bed. I have a lot of crocheting to do tomorrow.

Just thought I would mention before I go that I have designed my first dress. YIPPEE!! I will post a picture of it tomorrow. I am hoping to design a hat this week to go with it. We will see how much time I have. It turned out really adorable but more on that tomorrow. And I know that I promised some Christmas pictures so I will get those posted tomorrow as well.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I know it's rough, but like James said, it seems like a long time but it really isn't. Just keep telling yourself that he will be home soon.
*hugs* You all will be in my thoguhts and thank you to your husband and you for your service and sacrifice.