Monday, January 09, 2006

Promised Pics

This is Chloe's 9 month picture. I am posting this less than a week before she turns 10 months. Gosh, how slow am I??? Well, I like to think of it as busy...not slow...does that work?? Yes, busy I have been.

Anyway, this is Chloe in the FairyTale Moments Keepsake Dress over at www.crochetgarden.com. I am now testing another dress for her. I hope to have it done tomorrow or the next day. That way, I can get a hat designed for the dress I designed. I am totally excited about it. Can't wait to get a website up and running to see how I do at selling my own patterns and maybe the dresses (and other things) I make. We will see what this year has in store.

Isn't she a doll?? I just love taking pictures of her. Actually, I edited this picture on my computer so those of you who are on my Christmas card mailing list will be recieving that one. I put some blurred clouds around the edges. No more professional photographers. (not that I ever used them anyway.)

Basically, if you want to be on this list, you must either be an old friend, a family member or send me a Christmas card the year before.

Speaking of Christmas cards...Is it bad that I haven't mailed mine yet?? I will be trying to get those out tomorrow or the next day. I have a lot of cards to sign and then they are ready. (sorry everyone...been kind of hectic here.)

I think this dress is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait until I can design something even half as nice as this. I don't know how Etaria does it.

As you all know, our friends Kirk and Rachel were here visiting us from England for Christmas. We had a great time with them. I am so thankful God has given me wonderful friends all over the world.

We started our new family tradition this year of opening one gift on Christmas Eve and that gift happens to be pajamas every year. (We have always done the one gift Christmas Eve since we were married but this year made that gift pajamas.)

Kirk and Rachel and girls participated in it with us. They thought it was great. The girls keep trying to guess what was in each package as each person opened it. (from youngest...Chloe first...to oldest) Somehow they managed to guess it right every time after the second gift was opened. (they didn't start guessing til then anyway.) What are the odds of that though? To get everyone's gift right?? (they thought it was pretty cool.)

In the above picture we set the camera on a tripod to take our picture all together in our pajamas. What a wonderful memory!!


At the breakfast table Christmas morning we sat around and opened stockings Santa had left for us. Chloe got the most in her stocking and Santa left it on her highchair. We had hung all the stockings on the posts of our chairs around the table. (we don't have a chimney or fireplace or anything.) Well, Chloe's highchair was full of things that wouldn't fit into her stocking. So, I tried to get small things but I got too many I guess.

After breakfast we went to church where they had a nice Christmas service. We sang a few Christmas carols and heard a Christmas message.

After the service, we came home and opened our gifts. We again started with the youngest going first. Chloe opened a gift from her Uncle Warren and Aunt Tammy. It was a Strawberry Shortcake fleece blanket that Tammy made herself. It was very cute and it will be nice and warm when we go up north for the winter next week.

I just have to say for the record that James did very well with the gifts this year. He actually went a little overboard. I got so many things that I don't even know where to begin. He even got me things off my list I gave him. I got a fleece sweatshirt from Old Navy, a tank top and shorts from Old Navy, some yarn, a mirror for the bathroom, a crochet pattern magazine (great choice James), a new skillet (copper bottom without any non-stick stuff in it.) I am really tired of that non-stick stuff that leaves the fake pepper in my food. Its about time I got some good cooking utensils. After 7 years of marriage, I think I deserve it. The pots and pans I have been cooking with I bougth for $20 for the whole set when we were first married. They are junk!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!


I took a picture of Chloe on New Years. She wasn't too enthused about wearing this hat. I think the edges above her ears were a bit sharp and were cutting into her head. Poor thing. She's a trooper though and keep it on until I snapped a couple of pictures and then off it came.

I have thought of a few new years resolutions but am a bit confused as to when to start them. If I was supposed to start them at the beginning of the year than I am in trouble. I figure that I have until the end of January to get them into place. Here they are.

  1. Read my Bible every day
  2. No more sweets. (cakes or candies...sugar in cooking is okay...or coffee..just no candy)
  3. exercise every day.
  4. design some dresses (won't be too hard)
  5. do 50 crunches every night
  6. do 25 leg raises and 25 side crunches every night
  7. finish UfO's (at least 2)
  8. frame all cross stitch pictures that are completed and sitting in a box somewhere

That's all I can remember at the moment. I really should have written them down whenI was thinking of them.


I just had to post this picture of Chloe. It is really too cute. I tried to get one of her grinning at me but when I snapped the camera she looked away and then got down and crawled on to something new.

I really must be going now. I have a lot to do this afternoon. Well, actually, I don't HAVE to do it but I want to do it and I have been on this computer for 1/2 an hour now. Plenty long enough. Chloe needs fed and then I am going to work on that new dress from www.crochetgarden.com

When I finish embellishing that dress I designed I will post a picture of it. I may even make you all wait until I design the hat.

I even need to take a picture of that "special project" I was working on so madly before Christmas for my hubby. Now that I have given it to him I can tell you all what it is. That will be next time though as I really need to go.

Have a great day everyone.

No comments: