Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happenings of Late

Oh my Goodness!! It sure has been a long time since I have posted on this blog. And with good reason mind you!! I cannot access it at my parents house. Must be somethings with dial-up. Well, now I am staying at my sister-in-laws house for a week or two and they have high speed internet so I will try to get all the things said that I want to say in the next week or two.

So, the big news of the day is that my father-in-law was put back into the hospital last week. They really didn't think he would make it through the weekend and so they notified the Red Cross who in turn brought James back from the desert. Can you believe that??? I am lying next to my dear husband every night since last Saturday. What a pleasant suprise. Okay, given the circumstances, it probably isn't something totally pleasant but at least I get to see him. I am thankful to the Lord for that. And at least he gets to be here with his father every day. We are truly thankful for all the nice things the military does for our family. Many people complain about the military and how they treat thier families horribly but so far, James and I have no complaints. Oh I am sure we could find some things to complain about but we don't. We look at all they do for us and we realize how blessed we are to live in such a country as this.

Well, Chloe is sure growing up. She is walking about 95% of the time now. She is such a doll. I don't have time today to post any pictures but I do have some of her walking. What a doll. I just love her.

My sister and I are starting our plans for Chloe's first birthday party next month. Yes, she will be 1 years old in one month. She is 11 months tomorrow. I can hardly believe it myself. It seems like just a few months ago that I was pregnant and huge and waddling around wishing she would hurry up and arrive. Where does the time go?? So, anyway, we are going to be doing a butterfly type theme. Sarah has a butterfly cake pan and I would like to decorate the cake myself. Sarah has tried out her hand at cake decorating and she isn't too bad so I thought I could give it a whirl.

We will invite all our family and James family so there will be a lot of kids. We are going to get a pinata and play some games and stuff. All the party like things.

More news is that I have designed two more things. I finished another dress and have the pattern to it almost completely written up. I am going to give it to my sister for her baby's dedication at church. I have a picture on my camera that one of these days I will get posted here. I am so pleased with this dress. I am learning how to make the correct sizes too. Its all a learning expreience for me. I also designed a tank top for a boy yesterday. I just have to finish sewing it up today and writing out the end of the pattern. Almost done with it. It is for the lady designing my new website. You all should check out my new website. If you go to www.lullabiesandlace.com it will have a "coming soon" written at the top. This is my website. I am totally excited about it. I need to get working on some dishcloths and diaper covers for the lady who is designing the site for me. I can't wait to see what she comes up with.

Well, I need to go shower and get some things done before Chloe wakes up. It sure feels good to post on here again.

No comments: