Thursday, February 16, 2006

New Day, same story

Good day to everyone who happens to read this blog. Things are busy here as ever in the life of me. If its not one thing then its something else. Not to complain though. I think I have a great life. Just a lot of things happening. Some good. Some not so good but I do have a great Lord who watches over me and walks beside me and never ever gives me more than I can handle with His wonderful help. I rely on this more and more as I get older and come into situations that I am unable to handle on my own. I am grateful for such an awesome God.

The news of the day today is that Chloe has excema. She developed this rash thing when we first got up here to Idaho and I thought it was because of this bug that both her and I got. (and my parents...my father is the one who actually gave it to us) Well, it wasn't going away and wasn't going away so we finally took her to the doctor today because it was getting worse and he says that she has excema. It came out when we came up here because the climate in Louisiana is a ton more humid than here. Try 80-90% compared to 10-15% here in the Inland Northwest. Quite a bit of difference. So, he says to not use a lot of soap when I give her baths. (not any at all actually unless she gets really dirty.) I am not to use alot of lotions on her either. Just some like Nivea or Lubriderm. Stuff that traps the moisture inside without clogging the pores. He prescibed this cream to put on her too. I hope I don't have to use too much of it. I don't like the idea of putting steriods on my babies skin. I would love to try something a little more natural but doctors nowadays just believe in drugs. So, if it doesn't clear up in 10 days I am to take her back. I hope it does.

Well, I am working on some diaper covers now. Diaper covers??? you ask?? Yes. I am crocheting some diaper covers. These are for a friend from crochetville who is building my website for me. We are working on the barter system. I am crocheting some items for her and she is in turn designing my website. I am excited to see what she comes up with. So far, I have only designed a tank top for her. (which I have already mentioned in a previous post.) I just have to finish writing up the pattern for it. I still have to write up the pattern to the first dress I designed. I have changed the name of that dress from Angel Lullabies to Angel Whispers. The second dress I designed (no picture yet) will be called Angel Kisses. I am thinking of designing a christening dress for the Angel Lullabies name. Don't quite know yet.

I really need to get some things done though so I can take them to the Boutiques and see if they will sell them. I need to get the ball rolling on this and I seem to be taking me sweet time. I shouldn't. The pattern writing part is the hardest part of designing and seems to me will be the part that slows me down considerably. I just need to sit down and do it.

Well, James is watching Chloe and I really should go relieve him. Poor guy. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

No comments: