Wednesday, March 29, 2006

What a terribly long day!!!

Okay, so maybe it wasn't that bad. But still, I have been working ALL day and still have yet to unpack everything. I have cleaned and cleaned and still my house looks like a tornado zone. I have much to be thankful for though. I am thankful that I have a house to come home to. I am thankful that it is a nice house. (once it is clean...) I am thankful for a fast computer and fast internet access that my dear hubby thinks is so important. Because now after spending two and a half months at my parents house with dial-up, I realize the extreme quickness of my own computer and internet. I will not take it for granted any more.

One of the bad things about being up north was that I was unable to access this blog while at my parents house. I spent a month at my sister-in-laws and was able to access it there. That was nice. So, I have not posted as much as I would have had I been home.

Well, here is the short version of why I am home as of yesterday and not up north until August as was the plan. James father was doing poorly and the doctor thought he wasn't going to make it through the weekend so he sent a message to the Red Cross to bring James to the states. James came home for a month and requested that he be able to stay in the states since his father's condition was pretty bad. After that month up north, his work said to come back home and they would decided whether or not to send him back to the desert. Well, he was home for a week and they decided to keep him in the states. Which, of course, meant that I got to come home.

There is so much news to tell since I last posted. So much has happened. First things first though. You all are probably wondering whatever happened to that whole Boutique saga. Well, as you all know, I made two Vintage Shell Purses with Funk for her. The pictures are in a previous post if you want to take a look. Then she had requested a baby dress in all white since she thought maybe it would be worth more the price I was looking for since it would be a Christening dress. Well, instead of crocheting up a pattern I had already made, I decided to write a new pattern. It is cute and by far the best pattern I have written yet. (besides the Easter Dress I am working on for Chloe at the moment...more to come on that topic soon.)

Here is a picture of it.


And here is another picture of the dress. I have more picture of it with all the close-ups (and some more cute ones with Chloe in the dress) but I am saving those for my website.


Anyway, I am naming this dress Angel Traditions. More of a Christening dress name if I do say so myself. This is another in the line of Angel dresses.

Well, I mentioned a few paragraphs ago about the Easter dress I am designing for Chloe. I am naming it Easter's Song. It is the first in my holiday line. I have the main part of the dress done and am working on the trim along the bottom. Then I have the sleeves to add. This dress worked up extremely quick. I used a size 3 thread this time instead of 10 just to try it out. I was totally amazed at how just how quick it was compared to what I am used to doing. I did a darker type of purple for the dress and the trim is in ivory. Very pretty. I will have to take a picture of it when I get time.

So now, back to the Angel Traditions dress and the two purses. (am I jumping around tonight or what??? I am tired and my brain is fried from all this packing up from last week and now cleaning so I can unpack.) Okay, I took the dress and purses into that Boutique and she looked at them. It was very unnerving to have someone pawing your delicate handmade things over and over. She has already told me what she wanted me to make and had turned down everything I had taken in to her the first time so needless to say, I had a few butterflies in my stomach this second time. She hemmed and hawed over the purses first. (which really made me nervous because she had ordered them this way and I had put out a ton of money to make them per her order.) Well, she tried to tell me that business was slow and may I could come back in a couple months down the road when business picked back up. I told her that I couldn't do that since I was going back home and wouldn't be in the area. She kind of looked and felt the purses over and asked me how much I wanted for them. I told her and she went down $5 and so I said okay. Then she pawed the dress over and over and didn't know if she wanted it. She asked what I wanted for it and she started pulling at it and tugging at it. I thought to myself that she had better buy it now that she had stretched it all out. Well, after a couple of minutes of this and my heart is now pounding a million beats a second, she says okay, but for $5 less than I asked for. Whoppeee!!! I sold all three items to her for $135. I am so excited that I have my first sale. I am going to use this money for my buisiness. Don't know where yet. Maybe some copyrights for patterns or something. I will know when the time comes.

Another thing that I did was I signed up for another swap. I can't believe I did this. I signed up for the stole swap on C'ville. It worked out nice though because the pattern I choose worked up fast. I got the whole thing done in a day. Now I did do something incredibly brave. I worked the pattern up in two different colors so there were a ton (and I mean 3-4 tons when I say a ton) of ends to weave in. (and for those of you who have not been reading my blog for a long time, I hat...HATE!!!! weaving in ends. I hate it so bad that I had an afghan I made hubby and I on my couch for two years before I weaved in the ends. And when I say "on the couch" I mean using it and everything. Is that bad or what? Okay, I can answer that one myself. Its pretty bad.) Well, anyway, I got it done in a day and that is pretty incredible seeing as how I weaved in all those ends in too. Well, that was the end of the incredible happenings when it came to this stole. I absolutely forgot to take any sort of picture of the thing before I mailed it to my partner. I guess that could be considered incredible though. Incredibly STUPID!!!!! Now I am hoping that my partner will take a picture of it and email it to me. I hope I don't make this mistake again.

Well, dear James wants to use the computer. He has been without it for over two months so the poor dear is having withdrawl symptoms. I can't blame him really. I would too if I had been without it for so long.

So, on the agenda tomorrow will be stories about Chloe's 1st birthday party (yes, she is one years old now...can you believe it??) and other crochet items and stuff. You know...pretty much, life back to normal around here. (minus the filthy house and all.)

No comments: