Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter's Song Ensemble



Easter's Song Ensemble

She is beauty. She is grace.
She's my angel,
In ribbons and lace.

I love how this dress turned out. I was getting kind of worried there for a while but as I have said before, the key is to take my time and not rush things. If I want it to be right then I have to take the time to make sure it is right.

Chloe wore this dress on Easter morning and she got tons of compliments on it. Everyone thought it was gorgeous. They asked if I made this dress too. (I love it when people start expecting me to make all her dresses...kind of neat)



With the bloomers, I had to frog the whole thing because they weren't doing right. It was puckering up on the side where I was increasing shells so I had to take it all out and redo it so that I had increases on either side of the bloomers. Worked much better and I love how they turned out. I am going to have an option for smaller thigh cuffs or bigger cuffs. The ones I made barely fit Chloe and I only decrease a tiny amount so I am thinking on the bigger cuffs I am not going to have any decreases. Should fit a bigger baby that way. Now I just need to type up this pattern and resize it. (that takes the longest...longer than making it...not really but it takes a long time none-the-less)

And here is the whole ensemble together. See??? I told you I would show pictures. The hat
looks much better with the dress while she is wearing it. I can't get a decent picture of it by itself. Takes away from the beauty of it.

I really enjoyed desiging this set as it was a quicker one to design being that it is size 3 thread instead of my traditional size 10. I think I see a lot more from this size thread on the horizen.

I have been working on another Vintage Style Dishcloth series (#2) for Debra. She is testing my first series for me. Can't wait to see what colors she does and if everything works or not. I have two more dishcloths to go and then I am done with her order. In the future I forsee myself designing at least one more series though. Gotta get some dresses done and some patterns typed up first.

I would've only had one more dishcloth to do today but I worked for many hours yesterday on Vivian and I ended up hating her. Well, stupid me thought I might like her better once all the ends were woven in. And so I spent quite a bit of time weaving in the ends. Now I want to frog her and start over because I have a better idea of how she should be but what a mess to unweave all those ends. I don't even know where they went. (I must be very good at weaving in ends...)

Well, I have one more post to make with my three newest dishcloths to show you so I am off to do that and design a new Vivian.

No comments: