Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Easter's Song

I did it! I finished off Chloe's Easter Song dress. Alas, I have no picture of her in the dress yet. I am going to wait until I can get a little wooden cross for her to hold in the picture. Kind of like a prop they use in the professional photo studios. You know how they do...

Anyways, I made some minor changes to the dress without frogging the whole thing. (and boy does this make me happy since I hate to frog and now that I am designing things I seem to be doing it a lot.) I took off the trim at the waist and that really helped out the most, I think, of any of the changes that I did. I also took off the bottom trim of the skirt and fixed the round that was curling up and then put the trim back on. It helped immensly with that problem. Once I weaved the ends in I realized that I am pretty happy with the overall look of the dress. It has the style as a whole that I was looking for. Instead of having too many different styles going on at the same time. I ended up leaving the top of the bodice the same. I know that I had said that it wasn't very good but once I got the waist trim off, it looks much better to me. It has kind of an old-fashioned style to it. Reminds me of a baby dress from decades ago. I like it so I will leave it.

Now for some pictures of the dress with its new changes. I didn't take a picture of the whole dress at this time. I will wait until I have Chloe in the dress to do that. Can't wait to see what it looks like on her finished. Sometimes, I just want to go wake her up and try things on her. It is hard to wait until morning.

Anyways, back to the dress. This first picture is of the bottom trim that I redid to fix the curling up of the bottom of the skirt part before the trim. It looks so much better now.



This next picture is of the sleeve. I just take these kinds of pictures to put on my website to help give people a better idea what the dress looks like to help them buy more.


This next picture is of the front of the dress on the bodice. This is my favorite part and the whole reason for designing this dress. I wanted something that looked a little bit like a smocked dress. I tried a few different things but then found that I liked the look of the cables best. Not quite the smocking look I was going for but it is great anyway. I think it adds an element of wow to the dress. Or the Wow factor as some people call it. Just a bit of texture to the dress.



Well, now that I have shown you my newest dress, I will show you a picture I tried last night. I wanted to do sort of a collage type picture with different pictures of some things I have designed and this is what I came up with. I want to put it on the main page of my website. I love how it turned out.


And now I thought you would all like to see the purse I got from my purse swap on the 'ville. This was my first swap and I had so much fun doing it I signed up for another swap. The stole/shawl swap. (which I have already finished, mailed and my partner has received it and loves it.) I am so disappointed in myself. I forgot to take a picture of the stole I made before I mailed it. I swear I would forget my head somewhere if it weren't attached. (and sometimes I do forget it even though it is attached...I wish I could learn to use it more...that's pretty much hopeless though...)

Well, I am off to bed. I am tired and its getting late yet again. Man alive there is so much to do and not nearly enough time in the day. I wrote a list out tonight of the things I need to and want to do in the next few weeks and it has like 25 things on it. (more than half of those things are things in my head that I want to design.) I have so many ideas floating around. The only problem is getting them into crochet form. That is the hard part. It never seems to work like I think it should in my head. I just need to take my time and really figure it out. Kind of like I did with this Easter's Song dress that I now love.

Good night all.

No comments: