Friday, April 07, 2006

Pictures????????

Will blogger let me post some pics today???We will see. Woooo Hoooo!!! It worked today. What luck we are having.
Here is a picture of the shawl I received from the Stole/Shawl swap on the 'ville. I love it. I have been sitting on my couch every night with it on while I crochet away and sip the tea that my lovely swap partner sent me.


Here are the other things that my swap partner sent me along with my shawl. (which is great by the way. I love the lightness of it yet is still keeps me warm in this air conditioned house...and yes...we have the AC on in March/April...its hot here.)

As you can see, I got some wonderful things. There are four different kinds of tea and I have drank two of them so far. I had the yellow one first which is an oriental tea. It is saffron and has oriental writing all over it. On one side is the oriental writing and on the other it is written in English. I also had the French Vanilla one. I have never had tea like that before. I drink French vanilla coffee. This tea was unique and I loved it. (may have to go buy more...) I love pink. (my second favorite color...purple being my first) My swap partner must be telepathic or something. (either that or she reads my posts and my blog....hmmmm.... that is a thought)Well, she sent me two skeins of some gorgeous Moda Dea tutu yarn. I love it. This is one thing I am slowly starting to learn. I don't like Red Heart super saver at all. To be honest, I never really liked it ever. I used to always use Caron Simply soft or Caron Cuddlesoft or anything by Caron really. Now I have been splurging and trying different yarns even though they are pricier and I don't think I could go back. (well, I do use thread alot and I doubt that will ever change.) One of the things I really would love to do is get some Andean wool from Knitpicks and make something with that. Maybe a shrug or something. Another thing I want to do is get some Berroco suede and make me a purse. I have a purse book and it has the cutest purse in it made from this suede yarn. Oooooooo yummy!!!

I am part of some CAL's (crochet- a- longs for those not familiar with Crochetville) and I am such a slacker. I have not updated or even been doing them. Isn't that the purpose of a CAL??? To update and have them help me a long in my endeavors. Well, I am a part of the Skein a week crochet a long and I haven't been buying my skein a week. I had bought about 4 or 5 skeins of Caron Bliss in purple but I couldn't figure anything out to make with it. I absolutely love the feel of that yarn and so I wanted it to be something truly special. I quit buying it because why buy more yarn when I don't know what I am making with it and I don't know how much I will need. Okay, so I know you yarn addicts out there (and yes...I am one too...just ask my hubby...) you yarn addicts are probably thinking to yourselves "who cares, yarn is yarn and the more the merrier", right? Well, when I have to explain this whole reasoning to my husband of why I keep buying one skein every week of this beautiful yarn and why I don't have anything to make with it, he kind of gives me a look. And this look means more than "your silly" or "oh brother". This look means something more along the lines of "that is the stupidest thing that has ever come out of your mouth and it better not come out again...and you better stop any more behaivior of this sort". So, to keep my marriage in tack, I quit while I'm behind and go make him some Macaroni and cheese with chocolate chip cookies.

And the moral of this story is????? Oh man, I forgot!!!! Did I even have a moral?? probably not. I am just rambling...er...stalling. From what??? Oh, who knows...

Well, here is the picture you all have been long awaiting. (at least Debra has...snicker, cough)
It sure didn't come out very good. The lighting in this house is so poor. And it was a cloudy, gloomy day again. (same today too.) As you can see in the picture, there is one side of the trim done. I now have the other side almost done (5 rows short) but I ran out of yarn and I have to go to Micheals to get some more. (drats and nuts and popcorn!!!)

The color looks kind of purply in this picture too. Its not purple. Not at all. It is the most gorgeous color of blue in the world. I adore this color. Its not the exact color Debra was looking for but she said it would do and I am so glad because it has been a dream to work with it. (it likes me...we became friends and Debra is going to be really lucky if she even gets to see this shawl in real life...it might not make it into the box...)

Oh just kidding!! (rolling eyes) You people are so gullible. I do love this shawl but I will be the nice and kind and caring and wonderful person that I am and give it to Debra as promised. Just don't be suprised to see another exactly like it here in the near future.

Okay, prepare to laugh. (or at least chuckle???maybe a smile then.) Isn't this dishcloth just the cutest thing you have ever seen? (well, besides Chloe that is. OF COURSE!!!!!!)


I think I smiled pretty much the WHOLE time I was crocheting these up. Pretty cute if you ask me. Here is the link to them. I think I just have to make some for myself. And for Christmas presents. Everyone would smile to get these. Even if they don't like homemade things or even crocheted things, they would have to love these. Just from the sheer thought of how funny it would be to use them to actually wash dishes with them. (which I doubt anyone would do.)

Well, I should be crocheting or writing patterns or something constructive. Before I go I would like to show you a picture of my RAOK package. Yes!!! I got RAOK'd. I was so suprised. I never thought I would get RAOK'd. (for those of you not familiar with crochetville, Raok means Random Act of Kindness) I had requested circular knitting needles and Dazy sent me some with a pattern book. Isn't she just so sweet?? Now who can I Raok? I am thinking of making that pant dishcloth and sending it to someone. Some people have asked for just anything little thing you want to crochet up for them and I think this would be perfect. It would definately brighten thier day.


Well, I am off to work on another dishcloth. I made another one last night before bed (yes I stayed up again) and so this one today makes the 3rd one. 3 down, 17 to go. Not bad, not bad.

2 comments:

Debra said...

I love the shawl... and the dishcloth is too cute. thanks!
hugs,debra

Tandi said...

Gorgeous shawl you received! That is such a great color.