Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Three More New Ones

Mae
The first in my newest series of Vintage Style Dishcloths. She was worked with size 3 thread instead of my traditional size 10. I love how she turned out. I used the leftover thread from Chloe's Easter dress. (gotta love those colors...drool...)


Edwin
Yes, I have designed a boy. The second in series #2. I have named him for my father and my grandfather. Edwin is a unique and vintagy name in my opinion. One you don't see running around much. I kind of like it that way. (for dishcloths that it...) I used size 3 thread again for this. They worked up extremely quickly. I was quite pleased with that.

Nancy
She is sweet. She is dainty. She has ruffles. Who wouldn't???
She is named for my Aunt and also my late MIL. More for my Aunt though as these little bloomers remind me of her in a sort of way. These were done in aize 10 thread. (back to my traditional stuff...like it best even though it takes longer.)

Well, the sad news is this. I am getting a little washed out by all these dishcloths. I have 1 1/2 more to go and then I am done. (I can see the light at the end of the tunnel) Right now I am reworking Vivian. I ended up not frogging the old one (since I don't know where all the ends went) but am working up a new one in different colors. She will be size 10 thread too. (I used all the size 5 thread on the old Vivian.) I am thinking that she needs a different name though. Doesn't really look like a Vivian any more with the the colors I chose. (choose??) I will think of something.

Well, darling Chloe is asleep and I needn't waste any more precious nap time typing. (especially now that she is down to one nap a day...free work time is hard to come by these days) I just wanted to show you all my new dishcloths. (I know some of you have been waiting for them)

No comments: