Saturday, May 20, 2006

For My Secret Pal

One Skein Questions
Thanks Lauren for the links to these questions! I thought I'd post them here for people to cut and paste to their own blogs and then give a link in the comments for us to view.

1. Which yarn is most like your personality?
Paton's anything...its gorgeous, soft, luxerious and sometimes with sparkle!!

2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?
purple, baby pink, blue

3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns?
variegated~yes and don't like it much (well, at all, really) Magic??~don't know what that is.

4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?
the softer, the better...more cotton...silky.... really, soft wool

5. Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn?
either one...doesn't matter one way or another...although I could use a ball winder

6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them?
hmmm...curious....

7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year?
you expect me to count????I cannot do that...lets just say its over 100!!!!(gasp...yes, including those little projects like bookmarks and things)

8. Will you be knitting any gifts this year?
probably not...but I WILL be crocheting some!!! (hehehe)

9. What is your favorite one skein project?
hats...or doilies (does thread count as a skein??)

10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?
Not near enough...I have a closet with some built in shelves...and a tote box full. (I NNEEEEDDDDD more yarn...must have mmoooorrreeee yarn!!)

11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?
Okay...I am trying real hard...I promise...I am trying to find a pattern to use my lovely Caron Bliss in Plum on...want to make a gorgous shawl.

12. Do you knit less or differently in the summer?
Well, I don't knit in the summer time...I do crochet...and I really doubt it would be different...and definately not less!!!

13. Do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)?
Well, no...but I do happen to belong to some crocheting groups. I have my testing forum on which I have made some good friends...I also test patterns for www.crochetgarden.com. I belong to three yahoo groups about crocheting. Oh...in case you forgot...I am a member of the famous crochetville which is my second home.

That is all for now. Baby is eating and then I am off to my yard sale at a friends house where I hope to sell my couch for enough money to buy Chloe's dresser. I will try to get some photos up later today. I have lots...and I'll put one up of my yarn/craft closet. Have a great day!! (and thanks Miss Sterious for all you do for me. You truly are the best Secret Pal I have ever had!!)

No comments: