Thursday, June 08, 2006

Couple of Poems

Picture Window


Stop! Look!
Glimpse in to me.
See a girl, longing to be free.
Free from the chains the master of fear has bound her in.
Free to dance in the flowers and drink up thier fragrance.
Free to bask in the warmth of the sunshine.
Bound and broken, the tyrant controls her.




Last Breath


Rhythm ceases.
Light wans.
The soul speaks.
A tremor.
A shudder.
Goodbye.




Angel's Dance


The angels sing today in heaven.
They dance upon fields of green.
The angels sing today in heaven,
Praises to the Glorious King.
The angels sing today in heaven,
A sinner has come home.
A hand reached out for the Saviour's touch;
And the Saviour's love poured down.
He lifted him into his arms
And now angels rejoice in song.





Every so often I feel the urge to write down a few thoughts that pass through my head. I call it poetry but don't really know if it can be classified as such. I like to think it does. I love writing it and don't do it nearly often enough. I guess I just write it when it comes though and that is very sporadic. Enjoy.

No comments: