Saturday, June 24, 2006

She Knits!!!!

What happened to crochet???

Oh, trust me...its still there. I just needed a little break last night. All this pattern writing has my brain fried. And if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times...I have LEARNED MY LESSON. Write AND size my patterns as I crochet. No thinking that its gonna still be in my brain somewhere when I am done. Cause it isn't. It leaves. Don't ask me where it goes, I don't know. Maybe Bermuda? The Canary Islands? I don't know...but its just not there.

So, last night, I gave my poor, fried brain a break. (hungry anyone??? Just kidding...that is really gross...remember that movie Hannibal??? Yes, one I wish now I hadn't seen...)

I knit myself a dishcloth. Yay!!! I haven't picked up my needles since last summer when I made these sweaters for charity.

My Snowman set

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And My Dalmation Puppy Set

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh, but the first sweater I ever knit was for Chloe. This is it. This is the first thing I have knit since I was about 12 when I learned how to knit a dishcloth. I knit probably two dishcloths at that time and then didn't knit again til last summer. These sweaters are pretty good for a beginner, eh?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I can't beleve I made those. I KNIT them. Holy cow. Looking back at them, that was pretty cool.

Anyways, so my needles were getting lonely so I got them out of the drawer and wiped all the layers of dust off them. (they even sneezed there was so much dust on the poor things...I feel terrible that it has been so long since I even touched them) I knitted this dishcloth.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is the one from the book I bought a couple of weeks ago. I didn't realize it at the time but all the dishcloths in this book have hearts in them. AAAHHHH. I didn't want that. I guess that would explain the name "Love to Knit". Go figure...told you my brain was fried.

Okay, now I forgot to show you a pic the other day of something I made. I crocheted. (see...I still crochet...it was one dishcloth for pete's sake...I am not a traitor)Okay, so I crocheted some squares for my accessory swap partner Jimmie Lu. She had in her wishlist on the ville that she collects sqaures for afghans for charity and since she likes blue, I made her some blue sqaures.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The single one is this Vintage Lace Sqaure pattern. It took quite a bit longer than I anticipated. It sure is cute though and I wouldn't mind an afghan made from this patten. Only thing I would do though is make sure that I have two totally differnt colors next time so the pattern stand out. You can't see it very well in these colors.

Next I made these sqaures using this Little Dahlia pattern. They were fairly quick to make. I was please with them and they did okay with the similar color effect.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They turned out nice I think.

Well, now I have been dreaming the past couple of days. Dreaming of things I want to make. Check this pattern out. Vintage Baby Frock. I must make this dress for Chloe. It is gorgeous. You will notice that it calls for silk yarn (or thread...not sure which) and this is something I have never ever used before and am very curious. I would love to try it. (I also have a slight feeling it could be pretty expensive...due to the fact that I have NEVER seen it at Micheals, Hobby Lobby or Joannes...that would be a big clue) I really want to make this dress though. I asked on the ville if anyone knew anything about this yarn (or thread) and what would be a good substitute for it. Or where I can find silk yarn (or thread). The problem I have is that there is no weight given on this pattern, nor is there a gauge of any sort that I am to meet. Nor, for that matter, is there even a SIZE given for the dress. I guess, being the designer that I am, I could always just play around with different sizes of yarn (or thread) and hook sizes and make this to fit Chloe. I must have this dress though.

Did you notice the new links on my sidebar??? I have added some places I go and some neat patterns there. I did some frolicking around the internet yesterday and it led me to some cool patterns I have never seen before. (this dress being one of them) Boy, do I have a lot do to.

Crochet Me came out with a new issue. There is a skirt pattern in there I am dying to try. The Daisy skirt. How gorgeous is that? I have been wanting a crocheted skirt and this will be perfect. And I think I can use my favorite yarn. (Paton's Grace for those of you who don't know me well.)Oh, I am dreaming now. When am I going to get the time to do all these projects? When oh when??? I still have lots of stuff to do. Here is my current list.

~ something for my Secret Pal
~ catch up on the Hat-A-Week ALong (I have 17 done and they are on week 24)
~ Work on my table cloth for the tablecloth along
~ Design tons of things
~ Angel Set from www.crochetgarden.com that I bought
~ Freedome Belle Set for Chloe (my own design...gotta get it done in time for July 4th
~ Vintage Dress (see above)
~ Daisy Skirt (see above)

But that is not all, oh no...that is not all.

Well, I better quit wasting my time on this computer rambling on and on about what I WANT to do and get busy actually DOING it. (silly Anna...)

2 comments:

Reverberate58 said...

You do some very pretty work. I am not sure if I like the dalmation suit more or your daughters wonderful laughing face. A very cute shot! I don't knit but I do like to crochet a bit. I suspect I am not as fast as you though!

PixiePincessMom said...

WOW! Loved the hat, sweater & bootie sets. And that one you want to try is adorable! I have so wanted to learn to knit & crochet but haven't found the time to get going. Loved all your projects!