Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Reasons Why I Love Thread


1. I am crazy and insane

2. Lace (need I say more???)

3. There are so many intricate details you can obtain with thread that you are unable to with yarn.

4. It flows through my fingers like water.

5. It is old-fashioned (and I love anything old-fashioned or antiqued)

6. Chocolate (hey...I love chocolate...so it goes well when crocheting with thread...or better yet, typing up patterns from crocheted thread projects, UGGG!!! You MUST have chocolate when typing up these patterns)

7. Tea (see reason 6...the same applies here)

8. It is challenging

9. Not everyone can use it.

10. Alot of people say WOW!!! You MADE that??? (and I just grin and nod)

11. There is a higher sense of accomplishment after finishing a thread project.

12. My grandmother Anna crocheted with thread and so I consider it a part of my heritage.

13. Patricia Kristofferson Doiies.





Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



3 comments:

Reverberate58 said...

I prefer to use threads because the yarn never feels right. Also it is a different feel with the needle! Great list. Thanks for stopping by!

The Shrone said...

I should introduce you to Yoko Suzuki's designs. She does amazing things with Bruges lace. It looks difficult, but it's easy (for the most part) and she does patterns in size 30 and 40 thread, too! :-)

Love the list!

Mrs Lifecruiser said...

I admire any one that keep that craft going. No one seems (at least over here in Sweden) to have the time for that kind of things any more and that's a pity. I don't want it to vanish completely, so thank god for you people :-)