Friday, September 29, 2006

Chloe's Hope Chest

As I mentioned previously, I would like to start a hope chest for Chloe. Here will be the gallery of everything I have made for her chest and someday maybe things she will make too.

Each year I will make a doily for her birthday in addition to things I make throughout the year for her. I am two years behind right now (birth year and first birthday) but I plan on catching up soon.

Doily #1 - For the Year Chloe was Born.
This doily was made with size 10 thread and a size 6 hook. She is called Pretty and is a Patricia Kristofferson coaster. Perfect, I think, for Chloe's first doily. Just the right size for a brand new baby!!










Doily #2 - For Chloe's First Birthday
This doily was made from the book called Dainty Little Doilies and was made with size 10 thread and a size 6 hook. I choose this sage green color since, to me it is a feminine color and matches Chloe's nursery.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

I too have started a hope chest for Elisabeth. Nothing in it yet, but I do have a hope chest I found at a garage sale for $20! I never thought about doilies for it. Maybe that should be the first thing I make! Also...you might want to look into the "Grandmother's Hope chest" Series. I think that is what it is called. Each book has a "project" to do that the girl can put in her hope chest. I plan on having them for when my daughter is old enough. Isn't putting things together for a hope chest fun! Oh yes...we are doing a "Tool Chest" for our son.

busyHSmom said...

Wow! I don't visit here for a while, and look at ALL that has happened!! Happy belated anniversary.

Here is another idea you can do for your children...sure wish I had thought of it when mine were little. Start a small scapbook for each child. Make sure you put something in it from each year of their life and some pictures. When they get married, give it to their new spouse as a gift. I know that I would have been thrilled if my hubbies mom had given me something like that!

busyHSmom said...

Ummm...make that "hubby's" in my last post. I really do only have ONE husband!! ROFL!

Lady_MSnow said...

Anna...I was wondering if you know where to find that 99 coasters book by PK. It think I would like to make some of those for DD. It will probably have to wait though because of money being tight, but I just want to know where I can get it. Thanks!

Heart said...

Oh Anna! This is so sweet! I wish my mom had done something like this for me. Such a special gift. Sarah