Sunday, September 10, 2006

Previews

Since it has been quite some time since I have shown you all anything resembling crochet, I decided that maybe I could show you a couple of previews of what I am working on.

Now I need to be perfectly clear here...these previews will not let you see the whole yet uncompleted item. No! They are just previews of a section of each item. (I am a tease, aren't I?)

So, first I will show you a little something I am designing for Chloe. (sorry for the blurriness...we are in one room and we must keep it a bit darker at night since that is when the kid sleeps...as she rightfully should. Its just that we don't want to sleep when she does...Gosh...that is about 14 hours of sleep a day...I would get sick with that much sleep)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Just the mention of "for Chloe" should give you all a very BIG hint as to what it is I am crocheting here. I am now taking a break from the above item and am working on a doily for my Anne of Green Gables doily challenge.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This doily is proving to be a bit of a challenge. It is all tr clusters and ch's...and while it is easy it is also time-consuming. I love the laciness of it though...which is why I was drawn to the pattern in the first place. I adore all things lace!!!

So, I am hoping to finish this beaut tomorrow. The main reason for my little break is that I have somehow misplaced my muse. I don't know where he ran off too...and I have no idea of where to go from here in the designing of Chloe's outfit. I just need to sit down and sketch out some ideas on paper before I continue but that is a drag. I just want to sit and crochet, which is how I do most of my designing. Ahhh well...I will take my little break and then its back to the grindstone we go. (just kidding...I really do enjoy this work that I do...I LOVE it...I just need breaks every now and then.)

I need you all to wish me luck. I just submitted my first pattern for publication this week. I am anxious to know whether it will be accepted or not. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I have no idea what will come of it...but I am dreaming big. I want to work on a few more patterns for submission in the next couple of months too. Just a way to get my name out there. One year ago, I never would have dreamed I would be where I am at today. I never would have dreamed I could ever design a pattern, let alone sell one. And now I have a website and lots of my own designs. AND people actually buy them!!! That is exciting. I just hope I can deliver what it is that the crocheting person wants.

Well, we are watching a very VERY important football game tonight. Eli Manning and the Giants vs Peyton Manning and the Colts. Who I cheer for is such a dilimma. Peyton Manning is my favorite player...but then his brother Eli is my second favorite player and his team (The Giants) is James and my team...ahhhh...what to do??? So, just to make it a bit of fun in here...I am cheering for the Colts and James is cheering for the Giants. We shall see who will prevail...ah ha ha haaaaaa...

No comments: