Tuesday, October 17, 2006

In Other Words...



"It doesn’t matter what is behind you as much as it matters who is beside you."
~ Ellen ~
"Laced with Grace"


My first thought upon reading this weeks quote was about a mistake I made when I was 15 years old. One that still sits in the back of my mind, even to this day. A person and a bad decision that went against everything I stood for and everything my parents had trught me.

That mistake (sin actually) has been forgiven and is behind me now...but when I look back, its still right there...behind me. It follows me around and won't let me forget about it. It will be a part of me, no matter where I go or what I do because it is in my past.

And my first thought was that even though I have this in my past, I have a loving husband whom I do not deserve standing next to me...walking through this life with me. How blessed I am!!! What a gift from a loving and gracious Father in heaven.

But as I was thinking about this gift, I realized that this was not all that stands beside me each day. No, my husband goes to work...and sometimes, although I hate to admit this...he does fail me. He isn't as supportive in an issue as he could have been, or he says the wrong thing when I need an encouraging word. He is human and while he stands beside me...he is not perfect. In addition to him, I have Perfection standing next to me. I have His Highest right beside me...giving me the strentgh to carry on when all else have failed.

He has forgiven my past...and unlike us humans, He forgets!! I don't know how He does it...but my sins are on the bottom of the ocean floor. They are as far away from God as the East is from the West. (Even though they are right behind me. I guess God doesn't look back. )

So today, I am thankful for Hope. I am thankful for New Life. I am thankful for a Fresh Start. I am thankful for my Husband. I am thankful for my Daughter. I am thankful for Forgiveness. I am thankful for the Cross. I am thankful for the Sacrifice that made all this possible.

6 comments:

Sissy B. said...

Thank goodness we are new each day in Christ.

Lady_MSnow said...

Thank you for the post and it is nice to see you posting again!

Trish said...

"I am thankful for Forgiveness. I am thankful for the Cross. I am thankful for the Sacrifice that made all this possible"

ME TOO! AMEN!

Amydeanne said...

I understand that feeling of it following you all the time! Thanks for being so open!

Nic said...

"Unlike us humans, he forgets"

AMEN to that one! Enjoyed reading your take on today's quote.

Darlene said...

I love this line "In addition to him, I have Perfection standing next to me. I have His Highest right beside me...giving me the strentgh to carry on when all else have failed." That is awesome!

I had a sin follow me around for about 10 years until finally I truly accepted God's forgiveness. Sometimes our head tells us one thing, but our hearts can't let it go.