Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Reasons I Love Being a Mother


In my devotions this morning, I read about praying for your children each day, training them up in the right way and also having motherly affection for your children. Right now, I am reading through the book "A Wife After God's Own Heart" by Elizabeth George. I highly recommend this book. I also highly recommend her book before this one titled "A Woman After God's Own Heart". Two wonderful books that will change your life.

Anyway, in light of today's topic for my Bible Study, I will list 13 reasons why I personally LOVE being a mother.

1 ~ Watching God breathe the first breath of life into a tiny being.

2 ~ Being the only one in a room full or people who can instantly quiet a fussy baby.

3 ~ It fullfills my roll and calling as a woman.

4 ~ Tummy tickles

5 ~ Endless belly giggles (and laughs)

6 ~ The peace that floods my soul as I sit in the quiet stillness of night, gently rocking my baby while whispering sweet lullabies in her ear.

7 ~ Dreaming of what the future holds for us

8 ~ Surprise kisses. (ones that I didn't instigate or ask for, although ANY kiss is fine by me...I love them all)

9 ~ I get to color and dance and watch Mary Poppins and The Little Mermaid and no one questions my maturity level

10 ~ Little pink dresses with ruffles and frills and lace. And baby bonnets. And white tights with black patent leather shoes.

11 ~ the warm pressure I feel deep down in my chest when I just think of Chloe. Sometimes it almost hurts inside and often it brings me to tears. It is an overwhelming feeling that only a mother can know.

12 ~ I always have a shopping partner

13 ~ there is someone more important than me who, without even trying, teaches me more about myself than I ever dreamed.

I love every aspect of being a mother. Well, except for clipping fingernails or listening to angry screams. Aside from that, I enjoy every minute I am allowed to spend with this precious child of God. My prayer is that I raise her in a way that pleases God. I thank Him for the privilege of being this little ones mother. I am honored that He chose me for this task and I pray that I bring glory and honor to His name in this and in every aspect of my life.





Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

3 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

Those are absolutely precious reasons to love being a Mother. There are trials that come everyday, but the positive far outweight the bad. I love the kisses and the I love you's too. Especially when they just come up out of the blue to give you one.

Kate said...

Anna, I love those books! Have you read Stormie O'Martian's "Power of a Praying Parent" (or "Power of a Praying Wife", for that matter)? It's a great book! My husband and I had gone through the Praying Wife/Praying Husband books together, and were given Praying Parent as a baby shower gift.

Norma said...

Just wait until she can cook Thanksgiving Dinner for you. That's really great!

My MM is up.