Friday, December 08, 2006

A Banquet

It is Cold. And not just any cold. It is REALLY cold. I am not used to this kind of cold. Wanna know how I know its so cold???? I woke up this morning with a bloody nose. Yes…at first I just thought it was just running because it was cold out. But when I sniffed and got a taste of rust in my mouth, I realized that it was not cold, but that it was COLD!!!!

But my bloody wake up call this morning is not what I wanted to talk to you about. First I give you some verses…

Luke 14:8-11
"When someone invites you to a wedding feast, do not take the place of honor, for a person more distinguished than you may have been invited. If so, the hose who invited both of you will come and say to you, "Give this man your seat." Then, humiliated, you will have to take the least important place. But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, "Friend, move up to a better place." Then you will be honored in the presence of all your fellow guests. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."


While thinking about such things as banquets I was swept off into another one of my daydreams. This whole banquet thing excites me. I can hardly wait. Its going to be so much fun. You see…part of the whole reason this excites me is kind of the same reason why I long for a multitude of children. I have this picture in my head of a large table…nothing fancy…just a table with all my children surrounding it. We have all worked together to prepare this meal and we all have smiles on our faces and I feel so much love in the room.

This is also how I picture heaven’s banquet. The only difference being that while I may never have my brood of children on this earth (that remains to be seen) and if I do, they will most likely NOT be sitting around my table smiling because I just made them chop the lettuce for the salad and in heaven, we WILL be wearing smiles and we WILL be happy to be there.

Anyways, as I was daydreaming about this banquet that Jesus is preparing for me, I thought that it would be so much fun if I could help prepare in some way. Now the most obvious was in which a “woman” would help is to cook, right??? And I love to cook. So that does seem logical. But that is not what would truly make me happy. Oh…it would be a heart’s dream if I would be allowed to crochet the tablecloth for the banquet table. It doesn’t even have to be the whole thing. I would love to crochet just a small portion of it while others crocheted on it with me. Wouldn’t that be something??? And we could present it to Jesus for him to set onto the table. (and he might even crochet a minute or two with us…wouldn’t that be cool?)

Then it would be fun to walk through the fields with Chloe and James and Jesus and we could gather some meadow flowers to use for centerpieces of the table. Jesus could tell us stories about how he created the earth and what it was like to grow up as a carpenter’s son.

Ohhh…I can’t wait to get to heaven. It will be such a wonderful place. The biggest dream of all though is to sit in my mansion with Jesus and sip a cup of tea together while we crochet. I would have all my crocheting buddies over and we would have a little tea party.

Okay…but enough of the day dreaming. I could go on and on with my day dreams. I mean, come on…what else can I do while I sit and crochet for hours. Since hours is what I have been crocheting lately. I am sooooo far behind on these Christmas gifts. Man…why do I get myself into these messes??? I must like the excitement or something.

Well, yesterday I made a wrist band to match the head wrap I made Wednesday. This will be for my neice. (and also will be put into the Christmas Gallery)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I still have to put a button on it. It is really cute though. I plan on making two more for the other two older neices.

Well, then I pulled out my good ole PK doily books so I could start a doily for my sister. There was one doily in particular that spoke to me and claimed it was for my sister so I proceeded to crochet it. Well, I got about...oh...say two or three rounds into when I realized that this was not a one afternoon doily. No...it was more like a two afternoon doily. I really felt like it was the doily that never ends. Yes, it went on and on my friends. It is GORGEOUS though and I sure hope that my sis appreicates it. It was one of the most "intense" doilies I have ever made. There were so many intricate, special stitches. But the end effect was totally worth it. It is called Impressive and is from the book "Simply Delightful Doilies". I finished it this afternoon. Its not blocked yet though. Will work on that this weekend.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Now I have to be completely honest here. This doily is STILL not finished. But I am done. NO MORE!!! You see, the second to last round was all picots. At about Round 30, I started thinking that maybe I could end there and no one would no the difference, right? Oh no! I would. And every time I go to my sister's house, I would look at this doily and KNOW it wasn't complete. Well, round 39 was all picots. And let me tell you...this was a LONG round. It took me 30 minutes. So, when I read the instructions for round 40 and realized that it was also picots, I just could not fathom one more picot...let alone a whole round of them. Ugggg!!!! I am a fan of the picot but I can honestly say I was sick of them at this point. So, there is one round of picots missing from this doily. I am sure my sister will apprecite it anyway. (and what she doesn't know won't kill her, right?)

Now, the next doily I am going to show you was completed about a week and a half ago. This one is for my sister-in-law. It is another PK doily. I believe it is called Windsor Round doily and it is from the book "Absolutely Gorgeous Doilies". It too needs blocked.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


To prove to you that I am a procrastinator, I want to show you one of the reasons why I am behind on my Christmas gifts.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Yup...this one is for me. Yay!!!! Another doily for my challenge. Hooray!! This is not the ONLY reason I am behind but it sure is one of them. I just felt like making one for myself. I made this at the same time as I made the blue one above. It is called Summer Sun and is from the book "A Year of Doilies". Not a PK doily...but then not EVERY doily can be a PK doily. (although ALOT of them are.)

As many of you know (and have come to expect) Friday is Play Doh day. So, this morning was no different. We got out the play doh for our "mommy time". I taught Chloe another important sculptering lesson today. The Ball. Yes...an important lesson in the art of play doh. Of course, she can't quite make them herself yet so I made them for her.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And then the fun began. I taught her to smash them while shouting "Hyaaaaaaaaaaah". She picked up on this quite quickly. (although her Hyaaaaaaaah was more of a Daaaaaa which sounded very much like Dieeeeeeeeee. Effective none-the-less)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And if it works for a some balls...it would be even MORE fun with lots of balls.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


But then things just got silly. The hand smashing hyaaaaaah's turned into ball mutilation dieeeeeeee's.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Of course...you all know me...even chaos has to be organized mayhem...so I organized the mangled balls into groups.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


While doing this, Chloe decided for some reason that play doh feels good against the face. So she proceeded in rubbing a mangled ball all over her cheeks (and ears...and neck...and hair...and then I caught her right before she rubbed her "tongue".)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I bet you all are curious as to what I made since I do enjoy showing off my sculptering skills. In light of the Holiday season that is upon us, I sculpted a few little gifts. The picture came out horribly though. I am sorry.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Speaking of the Holiday Season that is upon us, I am SILL behind in Christmas gifts and sitting here on my duff typing about play doh scultuers is NOT speeding the process along any. In other words, I must get going. Its going to be a busy weekend.

2 comments:

The Shrone said...

Yeah! PK doilies! I love them! Those picot rounds can take forever! There is no fast way to do them and have them turn out right. But I'm sure your efforts will be appreciated!

Anonymous said...

You absolutely amaze me woman! ;) I love your daydream about the crocheted tablecloth for the banquet table. I also love you doilies. I think the one you stopped on early will turn out just fine. I too....hate picots. Those things seem to take forever!!!! You always seem to have fun on playdough day. :)