Friday, January 26, 2007

Decisions and Things

The past few days have got my brain in a muddle. This is not a good place to be. On the other hand...it is a very good place to be. It just means that the concentration levels are non-existant. But it also means that things need to change...and hopefully for the better. So this is a good thing. I just wish I could come to some sort of conclusion.

First, let me say that by reading this post by my friend Melanie, I have come to realize my need to search for the Lord's Will more often in my endeavors. I do believe with all my heart that I am doing what God wants me to do with my talent. I am able to stay home with my darling Chloe and make a little money as well to support my habit...er...I mean...addiction? Nope....hobby? Yup...its only a hobby. I COULD put it down if I really wanted to. The problem is that I just don't want to. (just kidding)

Anyways, I have been thinking mostly in terms of my business and my website. Where do I want to go with this? Where do I want my focus to be? What would God have me do? Then I read this post by Melissa. This post really got me to thinking about my own designs and the effort I put into them. Where is the majority of my effort? Am I placing it on the wrong thing? I am thinking in terms of creating more revenue here. Getting my name out there in the crochet world.

So, one conclusion I have come to is that I put too much emphasis on quantity and not quality. Sure..my patterns are good. I wouldn't sell them if they weren't...but what I mean is that they could be better. I am so much focused on getting more patterns out there for sale that I don't spend the time making sure each and every detail meets my standards. Maybe its just because my standards aren't high enough? Or maybe its just that I am learning and what worked for me as a new designer no longer cuts it? Whatever it is, I will be focusing more energy on the actual designs and patterns. This possibly means that I will not be coming out with so many new patterns all the time. It will take more effort now. But I think this will pay off for me in the long run.

Another conclusion from all the muddle up top is that I need to work on my photography skills. Oh how I wish I could take a photograpy class. I can't at this point in my life but maybe I will put it on my "want to learn well" list so that someday I will make myself sit down and take a class.

For now though, I am going back and re-taking pictures for my site. I believe the picture is what sells the pattern and some of my pictures don't meet my standards. Meaning, I don't smile when I look at them. One question I ask myself is..."Would I be tempted to buy this pattern based on this picture?" Some of my patterns the answer is yes...but some are a definate NO. So, I need to work on that. I got started already on this and I am quite pleased with the results.

One of my problems in the past was lighting. My old house had poor lighting and so the pictures didn't turn out so well. Another reason for the poor lighting was the I relied too much on my photo editor to fix the lighting problem instead of making sure I had proper lighting during the photo shoot.

Well, I had sunlight today (which was nice after a day of snow and clouds and dark skies...believe me...it is nice) and I got some great new shots of Chloe in her Spring Blossom Ensemble. Take a look.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I would say this is a far cry from this old picture...don't you think?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I think you can see the details of the dress much better, which in turn will make the pattern more desirable. I am very pleased with the result. I even took some more pictures of the ensemble.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


That one was taken just because Chloe was so darn cute in this set. (and also because you can see the waist trim better in this shot)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I have also decided that I like the "fun shots" just as well with my own designs as I do with my doilies. Everything doesn't need to be a dead center squared shot. I think the effect of this is quite nice and gives the eyes a break from all the squared photos.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And the hat. Very cute.

So, that is what I did today. There is a bunch more stuff rattling around up top but I won't bore you with any more today. Let me bore you with something else. I am sure no one cares to see this...but check it out anyways. I just really want to show you what I had for lunch yesterday because it was SOOOOO yummy!!! I can honestly say that food has never tasted so good. (well...maybe it doesn't beat chocolate cake but still...I appreciate it so much better when I am truly hungry.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Oh my goodness...this was the best salad I ever had. I made it myself. Funny thing is...I made it quite large thinking I could eat the WHOLE thing since I only had one meal in the previous three days. But wouldn't you know it...I didn't even eat half of it. So, I now have half an hour today until I can eat the rest of it and let me tell you...I am looking forward to that. My heart is pounding and my breath is getting shorter as the time approaches. I love food! Yum!!

The wonderfullyishnessly good news I have regarding this program though is that my two days of torture really paid off. At the end of those two days I had lost 6 lbs and 7 1/2 inches from my body! Isn't that wonderful!!! I am completely ecstatic. Yay!!! I only have four more pounds to go until I am to my pre-pregnancy weight!!!!! Horaay!!! And my kind husband informed last night that we are over halfway done with this 9-day cleanse. I get to weigh myself at the end too and I am really hoping for that extra 4 lbs to come off. We looked at my tummy the other day and guess what!!! It is almost all the way flat again!! Whoo hoo!! That was my main purpose in doing this aside from the lack of energy...I wanted my flat tummy back.

Well, I need to get going. Its almost lunchtime and you KNOW that will NOT be late around here. :) Have a great day everyone. Eat your lunch and think of me!!! (I will be enjoying mine...one slow bite at a time.)

2 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

Seems like you have been thinking about a lot lately. I love the new pictures of Chloe. You need to do what you feel is right about your little business. I don't think people would mind that you don't put out 3 or 4 patterns a month. If you only put out one, but it's awesome....it will be well worth it!

angelfire said...

I love the new pictures...they do show off the ensemble so much better...it gives it a very feminine soft image.