Sunday, January 21, 2007

Getting Clean

I just wanted to share this with everyone. Don't know why and don't really know that anyone cares but this is kind of the purpose of my blog. Well, one of the purposes that is. That purpose would be for me to chatter about my life and this, I guess, would fall into the category of "my life" so I will chat about it.

Tomorrow I am starting a cleanse. EKKKK!!!! Okay, its not that scary. Well, maybe it is...but only for me. It affects no-one else so you have should have no fear. But I want to share this so maybe some of you can encourage me on this journey I am about to embark on.

James family has started this program called Isagenix. I was pretty skeptical of this when James first brought it up. Well, maybe "pretty" skeptical might be a tad bit of an under-statement. You probably don't want to hear what I said about it so I won't bother sharing it. Let's just say that I was not impressed with the idea. Well, James went ahead and purchased some for himself and he did it. (hooray for him!! I am so proud of him) When he recieved the stuff in the mail, I read the pamphlets. I watched the videos. I even listened to the cd's. (and talk about boring. They were the same lady, over and over and over saying the same thing over and over and over....only on the video you could see her. The cd you just had to listen)

Anyways, I read all the ingredients on each thing and I decided that it didn't actually sound that bad. It is all natural stuff. No man-made stuff. So, I have decided to do this 9-day cleanse. For two days starting tomorrow I will not eat a single thing. I have this drink I am supposed to drink for 4 meals that is supposed to help cleanse my body from toxins. We find toxins in everything. pesticides and "gunk" on fruits and veggies, hormones in milk (which just learning about all this stuff the past few weeks has caused me to start buying organic milk...expensive but healthier for Chloe)

For the next few days I then drink this shake thing for two meals a day and I get to eat one normal meal of 500-600 calories. It has to met certain criteria but that should be pretty easy since we eat fairly healthy anyways. Then on the last two days we do the same thing we did on the first two days. No food.

I am pretty excited about this. It is supposed to help you feel better and have more energy. It also helps you lose weight. James lost 15 lbs in those 10 days. He did it two weeks ago. Now James is a pretty healthy guy so this kind of shocked us that he lost that much. They say that when we add toxins to our body, it is our body's natural response to surround those toxins with fat to protect itself from them. So, by cleansing, you will lose weight. Pretty cool, eh? I am not doing it to lose too much weight. I do want to lose 10 lbs that I haven't been able to lose since I was pregnant but its not so much about that for me as it is about my energy level. For one thing, I have trouble sleeping alot. I know I am not healthy and that this is probably why I have trouble sleeping. I also have no energy no matter how much sleep I get. I don't feel rejuvenated when I wake up in the morning (even after 9-10 hours of sleep) I am hoping that by doing this program, I will feel better. We shall see.

My only hope is that I don't get sick. I have the tendancy to get sick over things like this. I get headaches and such. So, let's hope that doesn't happen.

Abrupt subject change ahead.

Part of my New's Years "stuff" was a decision to try to be more organized. Me??? MORE organized?? Why on earth would "I" need to be more organized. Well, I love being organized and anything I can do to be more organized just makes me happier. So, I wrote out a week by week guide for my "hobby/business". I am not saying I will follow this do or die...but it will help guide me and make sure I get those things done that need to be done in a timely manner. So, here is my week by week guide.

Week 1 ~ Gift Week (this is my week to work on Christmas gifts, birthday gifts and swap stuff)
Week 2 ~ Design Week (pretty self-explanatory. I will do my major designing this week)
Week 3 ~ WIP Week (Wip Wednesday didn't get me very far on my tablecloth and since it is my resolution this year to get it done, I need more time to work on it. So, I gave myself a whole week each month. And I have hopes that I will get it done sooner rather than later so I can work on some other WIPS too.)
Week 4 ~ Website Week (for updating my site and possibly do some pattern typing/editing that didn't get done during Design Week.)

The bad news is that I am already screwed up this month. I didn't have WIP week because it was design week. I didn't have gift week because I had to rebuild my website. So, this next week is going to be WIP week. Know what that means??? Its tablecloth time. I hope to get really far on it. Ohhhhh....the dreams for it are coming into view. I can see Christmas dinner with my gorgeous tablecloth on my table. And thanksgiving...and James birthday...and a tea party with friends. Ohhh...its going to be a fun year. I hope I can get it done in time.

I have something to show you now. Something exciting and devasting at the same time. Okay...so devastating might not be the appropriate word but I am kind of tired (can't wait for this Isagenix cleanse thing...might help out in this area) and I don't feel like thinking of the right word. Devastating is pretty close...close enough for me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Can you see what that is??? Do you know what it is??? Do you recognize it??? Why that would be snow. Yup...snow. It is in my backyard. That's right. We had our first snow today. This has me excited for one reason. It is SNOW!!!! It has me upset for one reason. It is SNOW!!!! Snow and I have a sort of love/hate relationship. I do think snow is very pretty. I can admire it from afar. I hate living in it. I repeat. I HATE living in it. It is too cold for me. It is scary to drive in. Did I mention that it is cold?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Anyways, I am happy that it came. Let's hurry and get this over with so that we can get on with spring. I enjoy spring so much and this year I am promised a garden. I can hardly wait. I just love watching things grow...knowing that I helped God to grow something so beautiful. (or delicious...whichever it is I am growing) I already have plans in my head for where I want things to go. I know where the veggie garden will be and the herb garden. I am debating where the rose garden will go. As you can see from the above photos, our backyard is not a large space. It is quite small and we have plans to put in a shed. I am a little tired of lawn mowers and miter saws next to my dryer in the basement.

Speaking of such things...I told you a couple weekends ago of our Saturday plans we made for the New Year. We will be traveling somewhere cool on the first Saturday of the month and all subsequent Saturdays will be spent working on the house. (and believe me...this house needs all the work it can get) So, yesterday was our first real day of work. I re-painted the dining room walls. I had only done the first coat of paint in every room when we first moved in and so I need to get the second coats on. So, yesterday I did the dining room. It felt soooooo good to do it. I have this list in my management binder of each room and the things that need done in each of them. This list is a little overwhelming but I decided to take it one thing at a time. So, I did the paint. James worked on his banister. I am so proud of him. It will be finished next Saturday and I will get some pictures of it then to show you all. It really is gorgeous.

Well, after painting, we decided to move the television downstairs into the basement/den. I am tired of having it on my floor in the living room. I am also tired of Chloe asking to watch it all the time. We don't like television very much and I don't want her watching it all the time and it is so hard to say no all day long. So, we put it downstairs.

Here are some pictures of our newly arranged living room. I think it looks much more "homey". I love it. (I do miss my hubby though who now has NO reason to be in the living room. The computer is also in the basement)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This is where the television used to be. Now it is my "computer" place. I have already adopted this chair as mine and now this corner is my very own little corner. The only problem with our newly arranged living room is now there are some bare spots that need something. Here is the first one.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This is where the recliner used to be. I am thinking a nice green ficus tree or something would look wonderful there. I love plants and have none in my house right now. We also would like a different lamp there that "goes" with the style of the house a bit better but this one works and serves its purpose so it will stay for the time being. The next bare spot is a little worse.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This is where the little end table use to be that is now by my recliner. This wall actually looks kind of lonely, don't you think? James suggested getting a coat rack to put here. I thought it was a wonderful idea. We will have to look for one. Maybe he will quite using the kitchen chairs. I can dream, right?

So, it was a pretty busy day yesterday and I am quite pleased with what we accomplished. I am excited to see all the changes we have in store for this house. It will be completely different from the house we bought.

Have a wonderful evening everyone.

1 comment:

Lady_MSnow said...

I'm impressed...you did more painting! I haven't painted any room since I was in High school! I know what you mean about the TV. It's actually in our bedroom so the children have to sit on our bed to watch it and it's up high so they can't reach it. AT least....until they figure out a way to get up to it. :) As for the snow...the video on my blog pretty much explains what my family thinks of it. ;)