Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I Want FOOD!!

I am pretty hungry right about now. Actually, today I am feeling a bit on the queasy side. I am told that this means the toxins are leaving my body....well...at least they are trying to. I also think it means that I am hungry. James is trying to tell me that this is all in my head...this hunger thing. Well, I am not so convinced as him. He seems to think alot of things are only in your head...but my stomach sure is rumbling. Yesterday it rumbled loud enough to evoke a raised eyebrow from Chloe. If you have never seen a toddler raise thier eyebrow, you are missing out. It is quite comical. I probably would have laughed had it not been for the fact that my stomach rumbling actually was a bit painful.

Since when did Little Mermaid become so ridden with food? Since yesterday at approximately 3:25...thats when. I have to tell you that after watching them eat stuff crab for dinner in this movie I made the decision that my meal of choice when I am complete with this program will be at Red Lobster. Yup...and it won't be the cheap fried shrimp meal that I usually go for. No! I am going all out and ordering the Snow Crab. So maybe my mind will change by the time I get there and I will realize the strict budget we are on and I will end up ordering the shrimp. Its not the I don't like shrimp. No really! I love shrimp. I love seafood of any kind. Its just that shrimp happens to be one of the cheapest things on the menu and whenever we go out to eat, I am always mindful of cost so I try to stay on the cheaper side of the menu. If I can get away with it, I will order off the appetizer section.

So, Little Mermaid obviously was too much for my rumbling tummy. We thought it might be better if we read some books instead. Children's books...they are harmless, right? WRONG!!!!! The first book little Chloe pulls off the bookshelf is about colors. Good, I think. Upon opening it though I realized there was some sort of food item on every single cotton picking page. From bananas, to lemons (yes...even lemons sound apetizing right about now) to orange juice. Bad book. Put that one aside. Onto the next one.

Three Billy Goats Gruff. Okay. We are safe. This book definately is NOT about food. I get about two pages into it and these Billy Goats want to get up to the other side of the mountain to eat the "sweet, green grass". Okay. At this point, its not about WHAT they are eating but the fact that they ARE eating...and I WANT to be eating. But I managed to get through that book...difficult as it was.

Next book. The Cajun Gingerbread Boy. That's enough book reading for the day. I can't take it any more. Let's go eat some lunch.

Why oh why???...James should have to at least make HALF of Chloe's meals. This is tough to be a mother AND try to do this program. Boy oh boy did that peanut butter and honey sammie look good. I don't think peanut butter and honey has ever smelled so delicious. Some of the crust of this sandwhich fell into Chloe's bib and I didn't find it until this morning. Well, James, being the brilliant discerning man that he is, said "don't eat that crust Anna!" What??? huh me??? Why would I eat old dried out crust left from the previous day? "I know you want to eat that...because it looks so good right about now, doesn't it?" Okay. I had to laugh because he was exactly right. I was tempted to break my program for a piece of old dried out bread crust. What is this world coming to?

So, I am almost halfway through day two. I get a meal tomorrow for lunch. Only 25 hours to go. I have never looked forward to a meal so much in my life. It is time for me to go color a bit with Chloe. She is needing some attention right now. (begging and begging for it, she is) I wonder how crayon wax tastes? It sure smells pretty good.

2 comments:

busyHSmom said...

I know exactly what you are feeling. Isn't it amazing how tempting something is, even something that you normally wouldn't give a flip about, simply because it is FORBIDDEN?? Keep up the good work. Be strong. The end results will be worth it! Fasting is always the hardest the first day or two, then it gets easier. Oh, and if you get a headache, remember that it is probably just a side effect of the cleansing.

Lady_MSnow said...

Busyhsmom is right. The first couple of days are always the hardest. Believe it or not....before our son was born my husband did a 30 day juice fast. The first 4 days...you would not believe how much juice he drank, but the further along he got...he rarely made any juice. It was amazing. I have found that when your mind gets stuck on food....PRAY! That is the only thing that will get you through. I promise! Good work...let us know how this all turns out.