Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen New Years Resolutions!!!


I think I am one of the few people left on the face of the planet who still does New Years Resolutions. Too many people think that because they know they will quit halfway through January, there is no point in making the resolution.

Well, I believe that a resolution is just that...a resolution to do something. It is a resolve. A personal challenge of sorts. So, I have come up with a list of 13 resolutions I would like to share with you. Now, keep in mind that I have many more than 13. How on earth can I limit myself to the possiblities? I can't. The sky is the limit for me. I dream big. But I will share 13 of them with you today.

1) I will walk outside every weekday for 20 minutes. I am trying to be healthier and I feel that I need more exercise. Hopefully this helps me to have more energy too.

2) I will read my Bible every day at least once. My goal is to read it every morning which is part of my routine but somedays I just can't seem to get out of bed. So, my resolve is that I will find even just five minutes during the day somewhere to read before I do my hobbies or anything like that.

3) I will pottytrain Chloe this year. (self-explanatory)

4) I will send out ALL birthday and Christmas gifts on time this year.

5) I will make all Christmas gifts by the deadline. (I have a list of who I make for each month.)

6) I will wash my face before bed every night. (I am tired of gross facial skin)

7) I will wear makeup more often. I don't know how often. That is yet to be determined but James has said that he likes it when I wear make-up and he thinks this would help my self-esteem problems. We shall see. Washing the face every night will help me to want to wear make-up too.

8) Finish my tablecloth. The thread crocheted one? You remember that one???? Eight years in the making? It will stop at 8. I am resolute on this issue.

9) Finish my quilt. Betcha didn't know I had a quilt as a WIP. It is basted together...I just need to quilt it and then finish it off.

10) Finish James' dragon cross stitch picture. Hopefully this will be after the tablecloth and then I can show it to you. It is the hardest cross stitch picture I have ever done and he has been on my case for years about this one.

11) Zone clean EVERY week. I am on a quest to fly.

12) Pay off all debt. We bought a truck for James and some carpet for our new house this past year and so now we are in debt again. I would like to pay this off and be debt free again. It was so nice the whole month we were debt free last summer. Maybe we could even stay debt free after this. We shall see.

13) Laugh more. I am resolved that this year, I will be a happier person to be around. I want to giggle with Chloe more and laugh at my husband more. I have become a very tense person and I need to loosen up. Chloe is so much fun and I would hate for her to grow up thinking that I am a mean mother who never smiled or laughed.

13) Plant a garden

13) Learn to can food

13) Stop to smell flowers whenever I see them

13) Blog every day!!! (okay...I know I will break this one...and probably tomorrow too...but I just had to add it.

So, that is more than 13 but I couldn't help myself. Now, I am hoping that by having a New Years resolution this means I have until the end of January to implement it? I mean, January IS the first month of the year. At least this is my opinion and it works for me.

Well, have a great evening everyone and hopefully you will see a post tomorrow about my special gift. I didn't get to it yesterday and I am sorry. But tomorrow since I must start implementing the resolutions tomorrow.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not the only one to make resolutions! I do, too! I like yours - they are my type of resolutions... ones that you can do and aren't so nebulous that you break them just because you don't really know what they are. You've inspired me... I think I'll have to blog my resolutions, too!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great Anna! Something I have done in the past...when I don't get my bible reading...is I print off some scriptures verses..I make them with pretty font and colors. I then took those and posted them on the inside of my kitchen cupboards, the bathroom, bedroom, etc. This way I could be reminded of God's word throughout the day!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great Anna! Something I have done in the past...when I don't get my bible reading...is I print off some scriptures verses..I make them with pretty font and colors. I then took those and posted them on the inside of my kitchen cupboards, the bathroom, bedroom, etc. This way I could be reminded of God's word throughout the day!

The Shrone said...

Good luck to you on sticking to your resolutions! I made some this year, too, and maybe we can cheer each other on from time to time?