Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What a Glorious Day!!!

Betcha can't guess what I am doing right now!!!!! (besides blogging...duh.) {smile and wink} After a week (9 days to be presise) of torturing myself by starvation, I am sitting here with a smile on my face, a cup of tea on the table beside me (wouldn't you know it but that its decaf...couldn't find any chai spice that wasn't) and munching on butterscotch chips. These things are even better than chocolate chips, I tell ya. They really are. I didn't have time this morning to make my oatmeal butterscotch cookies so I am eating the next best thing to that...just the butterscotch chips. And boy, I have to tell you...they have never tasted so good in my life. Ummmmm!!! SUGAR!!!!!

And I betcha can't guess what I had for lunch. Well, maybe you can since I already told you yesterday what I was going to have. Yup! That's it. Peanut butter and jelly. Take a look see. It was sooooooo wonderful that I had to take a picture of it to share with you all.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Do you realize how many toxins I am putting into my body quite willingly with all these butterscotch chips??? We won't go there. Anyways, don't mind the shape of the bread for my sammie. I doubled the batch of bread dough last time I made it so I wouldn't have to make bread while not eating. I didn't realize until after the dough had risen that I only had two bread tins. (silly me...I know these things...I just forget.) So this was my attempt at a "round" loaf. James took one look at it and said, "That is so cool!" Imagine that...him thinking anything I did was "cool". Its usually just "weird" or "Anna-isque" or "too old-fashioned" for him. He even said that it looked like an expensive deli loaf. I was on cloud nine...well...maybe more like cloud three since I couldn't eat my "deli bread". Drats.

Someone requested pictures of the new additions to our family. So, I introduce you to "Q", Cheddar and Sprinkles.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I am afraid that this is the best picture I could get of them. They are a bit shy, you see and whenever I lifted the camera up they swam away as fast as thier fins could paddle them.

Speaking of bad pictures...I re-crocheted Chloe's Thanksgiving Harvest Shrug and took some new pictures. You might recall when I first posted about this outfit that the shrug accidentally was done in the 24 month size instead of the 12 month size. So, I frogged the thing and re-crocheted it on Sunday. Here are the new pictures I got of the set with better lighting and all.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And one of the hat.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And I even got a good one of the shrug.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


That was before I frogged it though. Still, you can see the details so much better in the new pictures. I am quite pleased with how the new pictures came out.

Well, we have been baking bread today. I may post again tonight to show you some pictures of our bread-making process. Before I close though, I want to share with you a pastry brush through the eyes of a toddler. This happened while making Christmas candy before we left to go home for the Holidays. I was making stuff and Chloe started rummaging through my utensil drawer...a favorite thing of hers to do while "helping mommy". She pulled out the pastry brush and asked "What's this?" only it came out more like "daaaa???". (since she really isn't talking much yet)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I looked at it and smiled and said, "Why, that's a pastry brush sweetheart." Hmmm.....all she heard, I'm afraid, was the word brush.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It went straight up to her head...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


...and when she put it down, it went straight into the dishwasher. Chloe is the silliest thing. She cracks me up. I am in love with this little girl. I think God brought her into my life to teach me to laugh more. I sure could use some lessons in Joy.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Be on the lookout later for some delicious bread. (or at least pictures of some.)

1 comment:

Lady_MSnow said...

Love Chloe's apron...wonder where you got such a wonderful thing! ;) Isn't baking bread wonderful. I made two loaves last night and some homemade fruit/grain bars. I bet those butterscotch chips tasted wonderful! The new pictures also look wonderful.