Friday, February 02, 2007

50 Book Challenge

Lori challenged us over at the ville to read 50 books in one year. I have accepted this challenge although I have some doubts as to whether I can actually read that many books in one year. But I will try. Not everything I read is as easy as Anne of Green Gables...nor as easy as a book of poetry. But I have started a list (which I think is pretty close to 50 if not at 50) of books that I would like to read this year. Most of these books are sitting in my bookshelf and I have just never gotten around to reading them. I like to pick up "old" books when I shop weird places. It was a fun passtime of mine in England. I loved to find old "vintagey" books in charity shops (like a thrift store only smaller) and I have started a small (I mean really small) collection of books. I do so love books and hope to widen that collection. Maybe this year with my challenge.

So here is my list of books which I will update continually. (and link to in my sidebar so you can keep track of where I am at) I will learn to cross them off when I am finished reading them.

1) Home Court Advantage by Kevin Lehman
2) Disciplines of a Beautiful Woman by Anne Ortlund
3) Heaven by Randy Alcorn
4) The Moment I Saw Yoy by Lisa Samson
5) On Becoming Toddlerwise by Gary Ezzo
6) Amish Women by Louise Stoltzfus
7) The Scarlet Letter by Nathanial Hawthorne
8) Rilla of Ingelside by LM Montgomery
9) Emily of New Moon by LM Montgomery
10) Emily Climbs by LM Montgomery
11) Emily's Quest by LM Montgomery
12) The Postcard by Beverly Lewis
13) Prarie Avenue by Arthur Meeker
14) Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
15) Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
16) For Women Only by Shunti Feldhahn
17) The Mystery of Mary by Grace Livingston Hill
18) The Cat Who Came to Breakfast by Lilian Jackson Braun
19) The Little People of the Garden by Ruth Dyers
20) Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder
21) The Secret Garden by Francis Hodgson Burnett (started)
22) Secrets of the Heart Al and Joanna Lacy
23) Approval Addiction by Joyce Meyers
24) The Story Girl by LM Montgomery
25) A New Name by Grace Livingston Hill
26) A Woman Named Damrias by Janette Oak
27) The Mark by Tim LaHaye (Left Behind Series #8)
28) Left Behind Series #9 by Tim LaHaye
29) Left Behind Series #10 by Tim LaHaye
30) Left Behind Series #11 by Tim LaHaye
31) The Glorious Appearing by Tim LaHaye (Left Behind Series #12)
32) Under the Lilacs by Louisa May Alcott
33) Freckles by Gene Stratton Porter
34) Stoke of Briar Hill by Zenobia Bird
35) The Cat Who Smelled a Rat by Lillian Jackson Braun
36) The Cat Who Robbed a Bank by Lillian Jackson Braun
37) Head of the House by Grace Livingston Hill
38) Beautiful in God's Eyes by Elizabeth George
39) The Finding of Jasper Holt by Grace Livingston Hill
40) Dare to Discipline by Dr. James Dobson
41) Home Song by Thomas Kinkade
42) Fight Like a Girl by Lisa Bevere
43) Every Womans Battle by Shannon Ethridge
44) Out to Canaan by Jan Karon
45) A New Song by Jan Karon
46) A Common Life by Jan Karon
47) In This Mountain by Jan Karon
48) Kerry by Grace Livinston Hill
49) Anne of Ingleside by LM Montgomery
50) Rainbow Valley by LM Montgomery


Gosh...I didn't think I would make it to 50 but I did and I even have some books written down that I didn't have room for. Oh well...there is always next year. LOL. So, I guess I will need to make a visit to the library this next week and get me some books. Or wait...I could venture downstairs and grab one off my shelf. That is a better idea. (I don't have to leave home for that one)

5 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

You definitely have your work cut out for you! I would never get that many books read. Oh well..that happens with little ones.

The Shrone said...

Good luck with the reading! Pooky yesterday announced how he finished yet another book and wanted to know where I'm at. I said not very far because of commuting and while he sits and reads I'm doing the housework (hint, hint). LOL! I'm sure I'll be able to make up over the summer months!

mom4x said...

WOW..I really admire you for taking on the challenge of that many books. I am sad to say I have not picked up a book in years...since my son was 1..oh my longer than I thought. Well I think I just talked myself into it..I am going to find a book now and read it..I'll keep ya posted.
I know I am new to blogging but I am so "duh" about it. I can't really figure out the extras. I need to take a minute to explore..maybe soon..
Hugs

amy said...

I love all of the Anne of Green Gables books. I love the idea of a 50 book challenge..I will have to check that out! I am working on biographies this year

Proud SAHM said...

I've seen this on a couple of other blogs how do i join? I think i can do this