Saturday, February 03, 2007

Book Review and Scrapbook Night

I finished a book today! This is wonderful news for my 50 book challange. That means I only have 47 books left to go until the end of the year. Yay!! I am on my way. Now I just have to decide what the next book on the list will be. What do I have time to read right now? Not much...but I will find something.

The book I finished today is one of my favorites. It is called "Disciplines of a Beautiful Woman" by Anne Ortlund. I cannot recommend this book highly enough to those who are striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman. This book talks about every aspect of a womans life and gives you practical ways to apply the things she teaches.

This book has helped me in so many areas of my life in the past and so I wanted to read it again as a refresher course. I needed it. There were so many little truths I missed the first time though...so many little "reason's" why and such. I enjoyed what I got out of it this time and it has challenged me quite a bit in my daily walk with the Lord. I am excited about the things to come and what God has in store for me in the near future. I don't quite know what those things are yet, but they will be good because they are from Him.

As many of you know...I don't like to leave home much. I do like to travel with my husband and visit new places and such and if we have good friends, I do like to hang out with them. But for me to leave my home on my own for something...well...that is just hard for me to do. I schedule my errand day for Thursday and I get as much done then as I can because I know I have to go out anyways. Usually, I will put things off until Thursday just so I don't have to go out. (yes...including my yarn runs...I don't like to leave the house for those either. And its not like I have to...I've got such a stash going...)

Well, I have been going a couple of times to this scrapbooking thing at this ladies house. She works (sort of) with James. She is here on the same program he is...so while they don't work in the same office, he sees her when they have to go to classes and such for the program. Anyways, she invited me over for her crops since she sells Creative Memories. I love Creative Memories and I love scrapbooking so it seemed like a good combination to me. Ever since I had Chloe my scrapbooking has pretty much stopped unless I attend a crop like this. It is just too hard to drag all that stuff out and then clean it all up again in an hour or two because little hands are reaching for things and little bums want to sit in mommy's lap.

So, tonight I went to one such crop. I really enjoyed myself. The past couple of crops I went to I didn't get much done. I have such a hard time choosing the right paper for the pictures...and the right stickers...and then I have a hard time writing anything while I am at the crop because I am too distracted by all the visiting so I end up not writing anything at all. If I were to try to write something it would all come out wrong and confuzzled-like and I would be embarrassed to show it to anyone later.

Today I got smart. (sometimes I am not so smart so when I AM smart I am darn proud of it.) I got out my pictures and papers and such before I went to her house to scrapbook. I chose the pictures I thought I could get done while there and I organized which paper I wanted for that particular page and which stickers matched. I even went so far as to write on pieces of paper what I wanted to write on the pages. I put all the stickers and writings with the pictures and had them ready in my scrapbook tote for when I started.

Instead of getting two pages done in the four hour timeframe like what happened last time, I was able to get 5 pages done. Yay!!! I am getting better. Next time (in two weeks from today) my goal is to get 7 pages done!!! My friend challenged me to complete one whole album this year. I accepted her challenge and raised her one. I am aiming to complete TWO albums this year. I would like to finish Chloe's album (I am at 7 months right now) and I would also like to finish our "Louisiana" album. (I have an album for each location we live at...since we only live places for 1-2 years this is doable. Once we start sticking around longer at different places I may need to have more than one album.)

Want to see what I got accomplished tonight. (I knew you did...so I already took the pictures to show you.) I think its kind of weird really...taking pictures of my pictures...but I have seen other people do it on thier blogs and it looks pretty cool. I am afraid that mine will not be at the "cool" stage yet...but maybe someday I will get better at this picture taking thing. (James thinks I need to take some time and sit down and read the manual for the camera...humfff! I say. Who needs directions???)

Page 1
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Page 2
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Page 3
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Page 4
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Page 5
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And now I better get to bed. Its almost midnight and I need to get up and go to church in the morning. I hope you all have a wonderful day. (night..whatver it is when you are reading this)

2 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

Your scrapbook looks wonderful. I don't know if I should admit this or not...I haven't put a picture into an album since Elisabeth was born..and well...that was almost 2 years ago!

mom4x said...

WOW.. great job. I really want to get into scrapbooking.. Just need to find some time.. I have so many things going on in my head that I want to do... getting them out is the problem...lol...