Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


Tackling Bible Study


I have no pictures for today's tackle. I know Tackling is "supposed" to be something we do to our house...or rather our to-do lists, but what I did today as my tackle is a big thing. At least to me its big. While it may not have been finishing a load of laundry or painting the nursery wall, it still merits some recognition.

You see...I went to Bible study today. No big deal your saying??? Well, it is for me. I don't like big groups of people. I am quite shy by nature and have been hurt pretty bad in my recent past and this causes me to be a bit timid in group settings. I am also a homebody which suits my fancy just fine. I like my home and I like being IN my home. It really is a nice place to be.

But for the past few months I have been wanting to try the Ladies Bible study at our church. I swear it gets harder and harder for me to try things like this with each move we make. In the past 8 years we have lived on 6 different bases in 3 different countries. It does get hard to get out and make friends...especially for someone who is shy (like myself).

After much dilemma and debate, I finally convinced myself to go today. I found myself pleasantly surprised. (don't you just love those surprises?) I had a good time despite my shyness and I actually learned something too. Funny thing was the very first thing they talked about was having children and how we have no control over this. God is the creator, author and giver of life and it is not up to us. It was pretty hard for me to not start crying at this point but I managed to hold back the tears and listen to the message. Once they got past that point it was smooth sailing. I learned a few truths that will help me in raising Chloe and I even met some ladies who attend the church. I do plan on going back as I think it will be good for me. It will, of course, be hard for me to give up those hours of crochet time but I think I will survive.

So, I tackled Bible Study today. What are you gonna tackle???

4 comments:

crissybug said...

Congratulations for stepping out of your comfort zone. Sometimes that is hard to do! Yet, when you do it -- most of the time you will be glad you did!

Heather said...

What a great tackle! I'm sure your bible study helps you at home anyhow, so I think it qualifies as a tackle! Have a great week!

devildogwife said...

That's a wonderful tackle. I know how it is to be moving frequently (military as well). It's not easy, but I'm proud of you for making the effort.

Kate said...

I know how you feel. I'm a relatively outgoing total introvert at best, and I seem to get worse every year! But in one trip to Bible Study you got a definite "God Message", which is a great sign :-)

Each trip gets easier, and you know that before you start, but it seems sometimes like it would be easier to literally tackle someone than to go in fellowship!

Thank you for your encouragement to me through your post!