Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Foods I Craved While Cleansing


Food was on my mind continually for the past week and a half. I don't think a moment went by when I wasn't thinking about food. (and possibly salivating...but that is neither here nor there.) Anyways, in light of all these thoughts of food I've had the past two weeks, I decided to post the top 13 foods that I dreamt about tasting.


1) Crab ~ Regular or stuffed, didn't matter. I dreamed about this one most. (hence the Red Lobster dinner I am about to enjoy tonight.)

2) Shrimp ~ Kind of goes hand in hand with the crab. If I dreamt about crab...shrimp was not too far behind in that dream.

3) Oatmeal ~ Since this is what I fed Chloe every morning, it was pretty tempting. In addition to feeding Chloe every morning, I also recieved an email this week stating the top 10 food items to help you sleep better. (the nerve of the person sending me that while I was cleansing. But it came from a yahoo group so I forgive them. They didn't know me) Anyways, oatmeal was on that list.

4) Bananas ~ Weird, huh? We do happen to eat bananas like they are going out of style. They are a staple around our house and since Chloe is half monkey and cannot survive without bananas, they could not be done away with for a week and a half. You have no idea how many times I reached for one without even thinking about it. It was sheer habit, I tell ya...sheer habit.

5) Peanut butter and jelly (or honey) ~ pretty self-eplainatory there. This is one of my utmost favorites.

6) Chocolate cake ~ need I say more?

7) Tea ~ I have a cup of tea every afternoon as soon as Chloe takes a nap and every evening after dinner. I might have one or two more thoughout the day but you can count on at least those first two.

8) Coffee ~ I missed this quite a bit since I have a cup every morning as soon as I wake up with my devotions. I find it extremely hard to get up that early without the coffee. Its more for the smell and habit of it then it is an addiction I think...but I just need something warm and coffee-like. (not much else out there like coffee though...so I'll stick with it for now.)

9) Chocolate frosting ~ see number 6 above. Can't have chocolate cake without the frosting...and sometimes I have the frosting without the cake. Very yummy!

10) Salad ~ yes...there were times when, even I, craved a salad. Those were the days when I was not eating ANYTHING. (I could care less about the salad on the days when a salad was my only meal. Those days were the cake craving days.)

11) Fettucinne Alfredo ~ don't know how this one popped into my head but now we are having it for dinner tomorrow night when some friends come over.

12) Bread ~ homemade to be exact. I love my homemade bread.

13) Steak ~ There were times when I could almost feel my teeth sinking into a nice juicy steak. Ribeyes are my normal choice but sometimes I can go for a Porterhouse. This later was the one I dreamed of most.

So, there you have it. A very weird list, but as you know...it was subject to my raging stomach and tastebuds. (which can be very demanding and very VERY particular)




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

1 comment:

Lady_MSnow said...

All of the things you craved sound so wonderful to me too!