Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Flowers I Want to Plant in the Spring


As each day passes, spring creeps one day closer. I cannot tell you how I long for the day when I wake up to realize that spring has indeed come to my little corner of the world. The sheer bliss that will flood my soul on that cheerful and sunny morning will leave me singing the rest of the day.

I love to play in the dirt...planting seeds, weeding out the bothersome thistles, watering the sprouts and watching my lovely flowers bloom. I can hardly wait. Winter seems so long...especially up here in the north where they actually have winter.

While pondering on all things spring, I have come up with a list of 13 different flowers I think I will plant this spring.

1. Roses (kind of a no brainer on that one.)

2. Daisies (all colors)

3. Hyacinths

4. Hybiscus (if they will grow here)

5. Pansies

6. Violets

7. Hydrangeas (love them but they need a different kind of soil so I am a little unsure as to whether I can grow them or not.)

8. Delphiniums

9. Wisteria

10. Clematis

11. Hollyhocks (the true cottage garden flower)

12. Asters (the bright colorful ones. They really brighten up the garden)

13. Carnations

Ummmmmm...I can almost smell them now. Can you imagine how delightful my garden will smell this spring if I can get all these flowers into it??? Oh...such a dream.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

1 comment:

Lady_MSnow said...

Oh...to have roses in my garden. I would love to have climbing roses, but I will have to wait and see. Oh yeah..I am proud of you for stashbusting too! That is awesome how much you have done!