Saturday, March 17, 2007

God Knows Best

I don't know what God is doing but I do know that He knows best. I cannot understand the things He does sometimes, but He does know best. I can think of two reasons why maybe God waited until the day after Chloe's party to allow a little visitor to stop by our house.

One reason being that maybe He wanted me to fully enjoy Chloe's party without the knowledge that there would be no baby for us this month. I am sure it would have made me sad during Chloe's party.

The second reason I can think of is that with all the excitement of playing with Chloe's toys, I wouldn't think so much on sad things. (toys are very much on my "fun" list and I believe that I enjoy playing with them just as much as Chloe does.) I was so excited about playing with her today that I haven't even cried about the sad news. I am also wondering if maybe I am coming more to terms with God's decision to not grant us a baby each month and that its getting easier for me. I don't know.

I am thankful that God knows best though. I happen to think I would be a great mother to lots of children. But I know that I am a great mother to one child. I have the privilege of raising up ONE child for the Lord and I am grateful for that. I shall not dwell on things that are not. I shall play with dollhouses and playdough and rejoice in my Lord for the many blessing He has given me.

Later this weekend I will have pictures of the fun we had last night. Now I must be off to get ready for my scrapbooking tonight and then play with Chloe before I leave. (she got this fantastic dollhouse that I have been dying to play with.)

1 comment:

Lady_MSnow said...

You are right when you say God knows best. He truly does! I know it is hard to take sometimes, but in the future you will look back and be able to understand why he did the things he did! I am so glad you got to enjoy Chloe's birthday too!