Monday, March 05, 2007

Let's Party!!!

Yay!!! I almost forgot about the party. How on earth could I do something like that? I have been looking forward to this party for a few weeks now. But, with the wonderful weekend we had, I guess I can see how I could forget.

Anyways, I remembered and now here I am. The big party is hosted by 5 Minutes for Moms and is the perfect opportunity to get out and meet some new people and make new friends. There will also be prizes too. And who can say no to a prize?

So, a little about me. I am a stay at home wife to the most wonderful man in the world. I am so grateful to God for bringing him into my life and allowing me to love him. He is a blast to be around and can make me laugh like no other person on this earth. My little girl is the light of my life. When she smiles at me, my heart literally melts to puddles. I have never felt so much emotion as I do when I look at her. Motherhood is certainly the greatest gift God can give a woman.

Chloe and I enjoy doing things together like reading "Oh, the Thinks You Can Think" by Dr Suess 10 times a day, having tea parties with Mickey Mouse and Barbie, playing with playdoh, cooking in the kitchen, face-planting into piles of pillows and other such toddlerish-type games. Its great fun.

Last year I felt called by the Lord to start a crochet business on the internet. I design crochet patterns that I sell on my website Lullabies and Lace where I also sell handmade items from time to time. I enjoy designing heirloom quality items. It ignites a passion in my soul that I cannot explain. I really feel that God has called me for this purpose at this point in my life. It allows me to be creative and stay at home with my daughter. (I would stay home anyways, but this gives me something to do other than watch tv - which I don't do)

I love to write poetry and sometimes I put a bit of it on my blog. I love to read books and have taken up the 50 book challenge. (that is...to read 50 books this year) My favorite books of all time are the Anne of Green Gables series. I could read these over and over, non-stop. Really! I also enjoy The Cat Who books, the Mitford series and have recently read New Song by Thomas Kinkade.

I enjoy listening to music. I love contemporary christian music and alot of praise and worship. My favorite artists are Newsboys, DC Talk and Third Day. I also like Casting Crowns and Todd Agnew alot.

I love coffee. I also love tea. Chocolate falls up there with those as well. Sugar is a staple in life. I can't imagine life without it. How boring would like be?

My husband is currently teaching me to juggle. He has the quickest hands you've probably ever seen. (he could be the "quickest gun in the west" except that we live in the east...so that doesn't work. He also doesn't have a gun.) We are also trying to learn the song "When You Say Nothing at All" on the piano and guitar. (me on the piano...him on the guitar) We are getting it down pretty good. It actually sounds pretty.

I have one cat, Pattycakes, who has been in charge of me for the past 9 and a half years. We also recently added three fish to the mix. Cheddar, Sprinkles and "Q". (the latter named by my very dear husband. I allowed this in hopes that he would get it out of his system before we have a boy child - since he is determined that "Q" would be a cool and entirely appropriate name for a boy. I disagree...and so the fish was named.)

I love to travel. I love to eat. I love dancing with my husband in the living room while no one is watching. I love to cook. I love seafood. I love blogging. I love knitting. I love pictures.

My favorite color is pink. My favorite candy is the kind with sugar in it. My favorite country is England. My favorite Jelly Belly is A&W Rootbeer. My favorite song is "Breathe" by Todd Agnew. My favorite animal is a Tiger.

Okay. So enough about me. I am off to read some blogs (or go to bed and read some blogs tomorrow since I am pretty tired) and make some new friends.

12 comments:

Melody said...

Hi Anna, thanks for sharing and welcome to the Party! :)

Ribbon Rock Star said...

Hi Anna! Welcome to the party.

Linda

Kelli said...

Hi! I'm stopping by for the party! Nice to "meet" you!

Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for the party. Nice to meet ya.

My 3rd party favor give away has begun. If ya get a chance come on over.

PARTY ON!!!!

Susanne said...

Hi, nice to meet you! I love the name of your blog. And I love coffee, chocolate and reading too!

Adventures In Babywearing said...

Glad you joined the party!! Thanks for stopping by!

Steph

it's me, Val said...

Hi and welcome! I love coffee, too and have 3 furry kitty cats :) Have a great party!!

Melissa said...

Hi! You have a really nice blog. I love to crochet too, although I've never completed any garments. Just afghans, scarves, and oh- hats. I guess those would count as garments!

Have fun at the party!

Kathleen aka Coffee Mom said...

Well we certainly have a lot in common! Chocolate, coffee, crochet, rootbeer jelly beans...

CreativeOutletDesigns said...

Hello! thanks for stopping by my party! nice to meet you!

eph2810 said...

Very nice to meet you, Anna.

Wow, 50 books a year. I love to read too, but am glad when I get 3-4 read a year :)...I did read all the Mitford series and Thomas Kinkade books. I like Third Day as well, but my favorite contemporary Christian band is Jars of Clay :)

Blessings to you and yours.

Brandie said...

Hello Anna =) so glad you joined the party.
Good luck with your business.
I LOVE Ann of Green Gables as well. I wish she were real and I could chat with her and be a kindred spirit!
I have not signed up for a challenge per se, but I have a goal of a book a week this year as well =) I've done 13 so far which even I am impressed with!
Have a great day