Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


Tackling Doilies


I cheated again this week. I didn't feel like tackling Chloe's hope chest. I fully understand what Tackle It Tuesday is all about. The point is to tackle the items on your to-do list that seem to never come off the to-do list. But I just didn't feel like it today.

You see...I am behind on things once again. (I know, I know. *shaking head sadly* When am I NOT behind???) But Chloe's birthday is Thursday...meaning her party is Friday (lucky for me that gives me an extra day to get things done) and I don't have her outfit done. I was meaning to make something in pink kind of sweet and indulgency but that is not going to happen. At least not this year. So, I am opting to finish another outfit I started last week. I know I can get it done tomorrow. I only have a portion of the skirt left and then the top and I know exactly what I am going to to.

But, I also had to crochet her doily this week for her hope chest. I crochet her a doily every year for her birthday and so I needed to get that done as well. So, I cheated and called this my tackle for the day.

Here is Chloe's doily. (not blocked)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


It is a PK Mini doily from the book "Dainty Little Doilies" and is called Cosomos. Many of you might recognize this doily. I made one for a Christmas gift for 2006. Anyways...it is quick and fun and gorgeous in that peach thread - which was a scrap ball of leftover thread so I was stashbusting at the same time. Hooray! And since I decided to stashbust while crocheting her doily, I used up the rest of the ball and made another doily.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This one is from the same book...different designer and is called Perpetual Petals. Another quick and fun doily. I have yet to decide if I am keeping this one for myself or giving it to Chloe or maybe my Secret Pal??? Hmmm....too many decisions.

But, the whole thread stashbusting spree was not over. I completed a third "Dainty Little Doily". Yes!!! 3 doilies in one day!!! I was on a roll...I just couldn't stop myself. Would you have quit if you had a hook that was practically flying? I think not!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


From the same book yet again, this doily is called Kalidescope. (not a PK doily either) I actually ran out of thread on this one so the last round used up another tiny amount of leftover thread. So, this doily actually got me two points.

Once I get these doilies blocked I will take better pictures of them (including my famous...or not so famous...fun shots) and I will also add them to the appropriate galleries in my side bar for future visitors.

Some of you are wondering why I am getting points and what all that means??? I am part of a stashbusting crochet along at the ville and we get 2 points for every full skein or ball of yarn we use up and 1 point for every used skein or ball we use. The opposite rings true too...for every skein or ball we buy or inherit we lose one or two points. So, I am not allowed to buy any more yarn or thread until I "bust my stash". (which is going quite well. I have almost 200 points and have only been stashbusting for 3 weeks.) My reward will be that I get to buy more yarn. So, I am going to buy the yarn to make this coat. Okay...there are two coats there. That is because I have yet to decide which one I am going to make. They both are to die for...but I am leaning toward the knee length one. I have been dreaming of a knee length coat for quite some time now.

Anyways. I have another item to show you. I forgot to show you all this a couple of weeks ago when I made it so I will show you now. It is a gift for Chloe for her birthday. I am hoping to get at least two more outfits done by Friday. (think I can do it??? I doubt it)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I used Bernat Cool crochet for this outfit. It turned out darling. I am having a hard time finding good yarn to use with the patterns in my Crochet for Barbie book. They all call for expensive yarns that I would have to order off the internet. Oh well...maybe someday Barbie can afford the cashmere/silk blend...but for now she will have to do with the cotton/nylon blend. I really do like this yarn though. Not as nice as Paton's Grace but it is now pretty high up on my list. I do like Red Heart Lustersheen better than this as well. Bernat Cool crochet is a tad bit thicker and I like the thinner yarns. But it has a nice feel and kind of glides through my fingers. (a very important thing to me.)

Well, I must be off. I am off to scrapbook with the Pastor's wife. What fun! I am a little nervous and excited at the same time. I will let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

You were very busy today! Nice to see Barbie dressed "modestly" and the doilies are beautiful!

Christine said...

Your doilies are beautiful! I love your doily challenge. I was just watching Anne of Avonlea, and I thought of it.Blessings!

Leigh said...

Very beautiful doilies! I really like your idea of birthday doilies for your daughter's hope chest -- I'm sure she'll cherish them.