Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tackle it Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


Tackling the Tea Shelf


My dear pastor's wife bought me this tea shelf. It is to hang all my teacups up for display. You see...they currently reside in a brown cardboard box in the basement shower. (which isn't working at this time)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


So I will attempt to sand this thing, prime it and adhere a coat of white paint to it. Think it will look good??? Check back later for the after picture.

And now...a few hours later, I have gotten the first coat of primer on. Silly me decided to sand this thing in the basement. *shaking head* I don't know where I get my brilliant ideas...but now I have a weird taste in my throat. (not my mouth...it was closed. Can't very well close your nose) Anyways, I got smarter as time went on and I moved outside to prime the shelf.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I am posting this picture while it is drying and by the time I am done, it should be completely dry. It is HOT out there. Not just warm...but hot. James claims it is going to hit 80 degrees today. YAY!!! I only hope we don't have an ice storm tomorrow. (since that is what happened last time it got warm like this) But this heat is nice for drying paint.

Check back later to see more results.

6 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

I think it will look very nice painted white. :)

Mona said...

Wonderful!! I love refurnishing things and making them work for my home, I look forward to seeing after pictures!!

Blessings!

Beckaboo said...

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Blessings!

mira said...

Should be very pretty when it's done...looking forward to the after photo.

Celeste said...

That will be great! It has been in 80s here for a cuouple of days.

devildogwife said...

Cant' wait to see the finished product. I'm sure it will look great. I love refinishing things myself. :)