Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Words I Love


I love words. Especially descriptive words that evoke strong, sentimental feelings from my soul. I thought it might be interesting to post 13 words that I find stimulating. These are not neccessarily my "favorite" words since I probably can't think of those off the top of my head. These are just cool words I like that pop in my head at this very moment in time.

1) Whimsical ~ given to whimsy or fanciful notions (this IS one of my favorites. I love this word. And I think perhaps I am given to whimsy or fanciful notions from time to time.)

2. Lackadaisical ~ without interest, vigor, or determination; listless; lethargic (I don't really care about the meaning of this word. I just like the sound of it and how it rolls off my tongue. A very fun word to speak.)

3. Chocolate ~ a preparation of the seeds of cacao, roasted, husked, and ground, often sweetened and flavored, as with vanilla. (of course, this is one of my favorite words. Need you ask why???)

4. Onamonapia ~ a word, or occasionally, a grouping of words, that imitates the sound it is describing, and thus suggests its source object, such as “bang” or “click”, or animal such as “moo”, “oink”, “quack” or “meow”. (I just like this word alot)

5. Dainty ~ of delicate beauty; exquisite (just a nice, descriptive word I use alot)

6. Exquisite ~ of special beauty or charm, or rare and appealing excellence, as a face, a flower, coloring, music, or poetry. (isn't the sound of this word just exquisite????)

7. Silly ~ absurd (I love to call things - or people - silly. I love the word and the things that the word describes. I love all things silly)

8. Giggle ~ laugh (doesn't this word just bring a smile to your face? You can't help but be happy when you read, or say, this word.)

9. Confuzzled ~ this is a word I made up. It is a cross between two words. confused and befuddled. (I added the z's in there simply because I like z's - and it sounds better with z's.)

10. Muddle ~ confusion (I just like the sound of this word. It reminds me of befuddled - which is another one of my favorites)

11. Lovely ~ charmingly or exquisitely beautiful (a word used quite a bit in England, which happens to be where I fell in love with it.)

12. Charmingly ~ pleasing; delightful (don't you just love the way this word tingles your tongue?)

13. Delightful ~ giving great pleasure or delight; highly pleasing (I love it when things are delightful and I love to call them delighful. I just love this word.)

There are many more words I like...maybe I will have another Thursday Thirteen dedicated to words. You never know, since I do whatever floats into my little brain at any given time.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

2 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

I love your choice of words! I also really enjoyed the pictures of Chloe's party. I have always thought she looked like both of you! It looks like you all had a wonderful time!

The Shrone said...

I love lists of words! I truly adore your new word of confuzzled! I may have to borrow that from you! All of the words you picked are wonderful!