Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things on my Want To-Do List


I have a To-Do list and then I have a Want To-Do list. These are two very different things. On my to-do list are such things as fold laundry, scrub the toilet and type crochet pattern. My Want To-Do list is very different though. On it are the things I dream about crocheting every time I sit down with a hook. These are the items that I look at each time I visit Crochet Pattern Central just to drool over. They are the things that I really want to do but never seem to find the time. (what with all my WIPS and Design ideas, you know...story of my life, right?)

Anyways, here are 13 things from that list. (note: this is not an all-inclusive list...to do that we would need about a thousand more things on Thursday. Thursday One Thousand Thirteen. Doubt anyone would go for that)

1. A Touch of the Irish Doily - just a pretty doily that would be quite easy to make. Plus it would make a lovely addition to my 37 Doily Challenge.

2. Dragonfly Afghan - funny thing is, I saw this as a complete project over on the ville...actually saw two in one day...and when I saw the book in AC Moore one day, I just had to buy it. Isn't it the cutest afghan??? I love it. I think I would do the same exact colors too.

3. The Rose Doily - I am falling in love with Irish Crochet. (but more on that another time. Can't give anything away for "secrety purposes".

4. The Rose Doily - different from the one above and simply stunning. It reminds me of my grandmother and I simply must have it.

5. Fleur de Lys Doily - a gorgeously lacy doily. I think of a vintage home whenever I look at this doily. I love it.

6. Irish Rose Doily - Another irish crocheted doily. I love the center of this one. Very unique.

7. Romantic Rose Doily - The name is very fitting. It truly is romantic. I love this doily.

8. Laura Ingalls Wilder Doily - Just because I love Laura Ingalls Wilder. I think I need to have something designed by her herself. How cool would that be???

9. Tuscany Tank Dress - I love this dress. I would probably make it a tad bit longer and wear a good slip under it, but the dress is gorgeous.

10. Daisy Skirt - I am very tempted to make this skirt for Easter this year. (that is...if I get Chloe's dress done in time) I love this skirt.

11. Mussel Lace Skirt - I love the laciness of this skirt. I would make the dense portion a bit longer as I think its too "sexy" for my taste...but I still love the skirt.

12. Vintage Baby Frock - I love the idea of using laceweight alpaca silk for a dress for Chloe. And its vintage too. How cool is that? I would love to make this dress for her.

13. Irish Crochet Tablecloth - as if I didn't have enough on my plate with the tablecloth I am currently working on. (and have been for the past 8 years.) But this one is next up once I finish the other one. Either that or this one. I can't make up my mind.

So, thats all for today. As I said...there are many other things on my "want to-do" list...but I can only list 13 today. Maybe I will list more next week. (as you can tell...I snuck another one in there for number 13. I am very tricky!)

Have a wonderful day everyone. I'm off to work on Chloe's Easter dress. (which may or may not include size 80 thread) It is coming along nicely and is one of my most gorgeous dresses yet. I can't wait until its done. Let's just say dainty and lacy and frilly all in one!!! (of course it would be that with size 80 thread...but, you know...)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

No comments: