Tuesday, April 03, 2007

As I Promised...

I'm only 4 days late. But I am keeping it. I haven't posted the preview of the Easter Dress yet simply because my contankerous computer believed it unneccessary to retrive the desired picture from my memory card. Well, I finally talked the thing into doing its job and now I present to you...Chloe's Easter Dress. (the name of which remains a secret until the "full release" takes place - sometime in June I am guessing)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Yes...that is size 80 thread you see before you. Yes...I am a little crazy. But, I like myself that way. (it does get so boring around here when I am not crazy) But don't worry. This dress uses quite simple stitches so the size 80 thread should not intimidate you. It CAN be done!

I took a break from the dress today though. Not because I needed a break from the size 80 thread. Nope. Not that. Have you ever heard of writer's block? I sometimes get that. (which could be why you don't see a post from me in a few days...or else I am stalling on something...or else I have too many things to write about and I can't get it all down) Anyways...I have something similar to writer's block - only its crochet-related. I call it "Designer's Block". I am stuck. I have an idea in my head, but when I crochet it...it doesn't work. So, I am stuck. The bad news is...I only have 4 more days to get this ensemble done. The dress is almost complete but then I have the hat and bloomers to do. Ahhhh!!! Can I do it? I could quite feasibly accomplish this mission had I not incorporated the size 80 thread into the mess. Oh well. I like a challenge, right?

So, for my break today...I worked on stashbusting. I crocheted up a couple of scarves for Chloe's "dress-up" chest with some yarn in my stash that I was at a complete loss for projects to complete with it. This yarn wasn't even speaking to me. What to do? What to do...hmmm...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


So, this is what I whipped up. And I got 4 points for these. Not bad, if I do say so myself. Well, now hubby is waiting in bed for me and it is getting quite late. So, I am off. I will try my best to write an interesting post tomorrow. (no promises though. NO PROMISES! We all see what happens when I make promises) Good night all!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Chloe's Easter dress looks beautiful. I can't wait to see her in it. I have complete faith that you will get it done in time.

The scarves look great too. Isn't it fun to relive childhood through you own daughter. I just love playing dress up with my daughter.