Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My Favorite Tea

We lived in England for a year about 4 years ago. I have always believed that I was born 100 years too late. I am very old-fashioned you see. I drink tea, collect china and write letters on stationary. I crochet doilies and cook dinner for my husband. I bake bread and use cloth diapers. I would love to go "calling" on my friends only in this day and age, that is not something people enjoy. You have to have a "reason" for getting together for tea.

While we were living in England, I came to the realization that I was not born 100 years too late. I was only born in the wrong country. I should have been British.

I miss England terribly. I miss the flower gardens. I miss the thatched roof houses. I miss the quaint villages. But most of all...I miss popping over to my neighbours house every afternoon for tea. I LOVE English tea. It is not the same as American tea. Not the same by far. When our friends came last Christmas (2005) to visit, they brought me some of my favorite tea. (such delightful friends) I have about 5 bags left of this since I use it sparingly.

But look at what I found!!! I am so thrilled with this! I have bought from this English Tea store in the past but I only seemed to see teapots. Today I spent some time to browse around and guess what I found??? MY UTMOST FAVORITE TEA IN THE WORLD! PG Tips. Needless to say, I am ordering a box as I am typing this post. I have GOT to have some of this tea. (and I may even buy myself a pink teapot as well.)

Well, I am off to have a cup of tea and eat lunch and take a nap. I woke up with the most horrible headache today and a bit of nausea. Uggg. I am not feeling so hot. I even have a tid bit of the sniffles. I hope I am not getting a cold or the flu or something. That would not be good. Wish me luck in my sleeping endeavors. It would seem that everytime I try to nap, one of the neighbours starts hammering into the walls for 3 hours...or playing loud rock music...or the dog starts wining at full volumn. I NEED SOME SLEEP TODAY! Have a great day everyone.

5 comments:

Christine said...

I hope you feel better soon, Anna. This post was really lovely. I absolutely love tea.I really wish it could become a cultural experience, in America. Blessings!

Lady_MSnow said...

I would love to try that tea sometime, but will have to save up for it. The pink teapot is adorable...I saw some teapots at KMart the other day. It took everything I had not to buy one...but I guess it "helped" that I didn't have the money.

busyHSmom said...

Which coat did you decide on...the longer or the shorter?

And is that tea really that much better??? ;-D

Anna said...

Ladysnow, I think I know the teapots you saw. I actually bought one a couple of months ago. I bought the whole set of dishes to match. They are really coming out with some nice things at Kmart.

Busyhsmom, YES!!! REAL English tea is SO much better than American. You really should try some. (although my Chai Spice tea is pretty durned good. *wink*)

Anna said...

I have decided on the longer coat...once I get some other things done and a bit more of my stash busted.