Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Going "Home"

After an early morning rush to the airport, harsh security agents (who seem to think everyone who passes through is stupid and doesn't know how to take off thier shoes properly) and a 3 hour plane ride, we settled in for the 3 hour drive from Dallas Texas to Shreveport Louisiana.

Its funny. Most everywhere we have previously lived, I feel some sense of nostalgia about. Arizona, England...even my hometown of Spokane, Washington. But I don't feel that when coming "home" to Louisiana. I have never felt a sense of belonging here. I wasn't bothered about leaving either. It isn't in my heart and I doubt we would ever move back.

While driving across the border from Texas into Louisiana, James pulled out the gigabeat (a thing similar to "Ipod" and played us this song.




Needless to say, this brought back some memories for me. We used to dance around to this song in our living room after Chloe went to bed on Saturday night. It was sort of a joke between us. Hope you enjoy it. We sure did.

4 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

Reminds me of when I used to listen to country music 24/7. It was one I heard a lot.

Christine said...

How fun! My hubby and I love that song, too. He sings it to me sometimes. Blessings!

mom4x said...

Glad you had a safe trip. That song has some memories for me as well that I had somehow forgotten... it involves alot of laughing and Karaoke... Thanks for reminding me..lol...

Brat said...

You and Chloe are absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for posting your pics. Your dress is lovely... gosh, all your stuff is lovely!

Bless yer heart... I love reading here... just don't get here as often as I would like to...