Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Stamping Stuff

Once a month I go to the Pastors wife's house to attend a stamping club. She sells stamps (rubber stamps) and a group of ladies gets together once a month to buy stamps and make cards. I get to be the official "hostess" of the group in August at which time I will get all the hostess benefits of the sales without actually having the party in my own house. Great idea, isn't it? I thought so.

Anyways, last night we didn't get to work on our own cards. The pastor's wife had a couple of projects to teach us. First, she taught us how to make a message in a bottle card. Too cute.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


That message actually comes out and has a real message on it. I don't quite like the style of this card. It doesn't suit me. If I were to do it again, I would change a few little things and colors and such. It is such a cute idea though.

Then she showed us how to make a card and attach it to a giftbag.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Another cute idea only, again, not my style. I would do something completely different with this idea. But, I am glad I learned it. (I am sure most everyone knows how to do this though...)

When I got home last night, I was itching to make cards though. (since I had gone all prepared to make loads of cards and I didn't get to make any) I have decided that for Christmas gifts this year, I am going to make card sets for everyone. The cards would include some birthday cards, thank you cards, get better cards, just because cards and the like. I made my first card for the set last night. (and repeated it 8 times for the 8 people I am giving sets to)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


It turned out okay. I had envisioned something a little cuter in my head but oh well. It is fine. (at least that is what I keep telling myself) I loved that blue paisley paper. I will have to see if I can make a different (and better) card incoporating it.

I also made a card for my mother and for my friend Rachel in England. These turned out too cute.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The new catelog for the stamp stuff comes out this next month and I am going to have to find a tea set stamp. I hope they have one coming out. This year's didn't have any expect that one you see on the card above. That was actually a "thank you" stamp. I covered the "thank you" part with a piece of tape while inking the pad so I could use just the tea set.

I can see that I am going to be spending some money on this stamping thing. It is addicting. (as is most every craft I put my hand to) As part of this "club" I am required to spend $15 a month but that is pretty easy to do with all the stamps in the book that I want. No problem here. I thought my craft for this year was going to be learning to make my own paper (which I have yet to try) and then James bought me that sewing machine which I have been using so I thought, maybe I could do TWO crafts this year. Now I am thinking I may have to do THREE crafts since I am really enjoying this stamping thing. I really am.

Anyways, I need to run to AC Moore to pick up some supplies. Have a wonderfullyish day everyone!!!

1 comment:

Lady_MSnow said...

That message in a bottle stamp is so cute! I love making cards. We have a paper store in Cleveland that sells paper (that I use to make cards) by the pound! It's pretty neat. Haven't been there since Titus was little, but I want to get back so bad! ;)