Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


Tackling the "TO-DO" List


It has been a while since I have tackled anything on my "to-do" list. Boy am I regretting that. I started writing out my "to-do" list on Sunday because I was getting tired of all this JUNK rolling around in my head. I couldn't concentrate on any one thing because it was just too much. So, I wrote it all out on college lined paper in my management binder. It made up 3 pages worth of stuff. (well, two and half pages)

Where to begin??? Basically, I have been tackling since Sunday. I have done such tasks as write out the Thank You's for Chloes birthday presents, wrap up our winter coats for storage and cleaned up the spilled kitty litter around the kitty potty in the basement.

Today I have decided to make it my goal to get this "to-do" list down to one page. I am well on my way. I have ironed clothes, finished the laundry and wrapped up all Chloe's 12m clothes. But here are the things I will be tackling for the sake of Tackle It Tuesday. (because these are the things I remembered to take a picture of before I began...lol)

First, here is a tackle I completed yesterday. I recently bought a rack to hang all my threads up on instead of having them in a plastic shoebox.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And here is the after.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Very practical. I am pleased with it. I can't wait to get this sewing room how I envision it. It will be a crafter's paradise. (and it will probably get there a couple of months before we move. Schucks)

Okay. Now for the things I need to tackle today. First, I aim to get the tiebacks installed in the wall for the curtains I put up a couple of months ago in the living room. I don't know why I have been stalling on this. Maybe because it involves to many steps to the process.

BEFORE
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


and now the after!!! Yay! So glad I got this done. The window looks so much more inviting now.

AFTER

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


and the tiebacks...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


and a closeup of how they look after...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Next I want to sand and paint Chloe's doll clothes chest. This will most likely take the longest of my tackles today.

BEFORE

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


AFTER
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And then I want to prime and paint the bit of lavender wall above Chloe's closet left over from the previous owners. This too is something I have been stalling on and don't know why. It would be so quick to get done.

BEFORE
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And then I would like to get my sister's birthday gift done. I started it last night. Do you know that her birthday is tomorrow??? Normally I would feel bad but hey...she has yet to mail Chloe's birthday gift and mine too!!! So, I don't feel so bad that its going to be a couple of days late. Anyways, I am making her a tea cozy.

BEFORE
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


It is finished!!! Now I just need to wrap it up and get it in the mail. Hopefully this will happen tomorrow.

AFTER
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Not a very good picture...I know...but at least its done.

And last but not least...I need to tackle something business wise. I am getting so far behind in that aspect...but what to do? What do to??? I don't know. Should I edit a pattern that has a major issue? Should I type up the rest of a pattern that has been in testing for two weeks? I think I will do that. (the latter) because I am already going to do the editing anyways. But I don't have pictures to show of this tackle. I will announce when I get it done anyways.

So...check back later tonight for my after pictures. I better get going. Chloe needs fed and then I can get started on this long tackle list. Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

UPDATE:
I will not be able to get to Chloe's closet wall topper thing today. I thought I would be able to but the pattern editing took longer than expected. It still isn't done! AND I have yet to start typing those patterns I was supposed to type today as well. Guess I will be busy tomorrow as well. Oh well. I am going to bed early tonight. I am so tired.

6 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

We may not have the same items on our to-do list, but you and I both have a lot to "tackle" today. ;)

tegdirb92 said...

You're doing a wonderful job--We have a Chloe in our family too :) Happy TIT!!

weavermom said...

That's an aggressive list! Can't wait to see the "afters". :)

Jennifer said...

I would imagine you ARE exhausted! You accomplished a lot today! Way to go!

Ann said...

Hi! The tea cozy is so lovely! Do you have a pattern for it?

Anna said...

Thank you Ann. It is my favorite tea cozy pattern. The pattern is actually for sale on my website. www.lullabiesandlace.com in the home decor section.