Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I SOOO Need a Cup of Tea!

And believe me...one is brewing as I type. It has been a long week and we are only halfway done. Arrggh. Let me explain.

I have attempted to pottytrain Chloe in the past but it seems I am only able (or willing) to deal with it for a couple of hours and then I give up...telling myself that she isn't ready or something along those lines. Well, after a conversation with my mother this past weekend, I decided that now is the time we are going to pottytrain. Even if it means I am the one who is trained and not Chloe.

This is the first time that I have tried pottytraining her that Chloe has been willing to sit on the pottychair. (for the most part. Sometimes she decides she would rather not and then I have to sing a few rounds of "Itsy Bitsy Spider" complete with arm motions and tummy tickles. It works though. Whatever keeps her on that chair for more than a couple of seconds, right?) Anyways, we finally had a victory yesterday!! She went potty on her chair!!! Hooray! Then silly me decided that maybe it would be easier to have her not wear any panties today. WHAT WAS I THINKING???? I don't know, but it was not my most brilliant idea, I can tell you that much! And do you wanna know the really funny thing? I didn't learn my lesson quickly either. Nope. It took me a whole day of stepping in wet spots on the carpet to realize that maybe this was a bad idea.

So, this has been my week so far. We sit on the floor next to the potty chair every 20 minutes or so. I read books to her or sing "Itsy Bitsy" and we have a ball. I am thinking that maybe I should read at least one potty training book though. It might help. Anyone know of a good one? I was thinking about getting Babywise's pottytraining one since I have used that method since she was born.

My tea is finished brewing and I think its time for me to go, sit down, crochet something mindless while I sip a cup of tea. I might even have TWO cups tonight. I think I deserve it!

2 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

I am getting ready to potty train Beth here in a couple of weeks. A lot of my friends do the "one day" potty training. Doesn't mean that they are done in one day, but you can go far with this. They keep the child by them for the whole day (for the most part). They are allowed to snack on salty things which in turn makes them thirsty and they get a special juice. One that's considered a treat. Then they have to go potty more. You have to watch them because if they start you need to tell her to wait/hold it and rush her to the potty. You'd be surprised how fast she could catch on. :)

Christine said...

Potty training can be such a challenge, Anna! Prayers that all go well for you as you train Chloe.I keep trying to work with Stevie, but he is really having a tough time. With the baby almost here, I just don't have it in me right now to push myself in training him. Hopefully, soon though! Blessings!