Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


Tackling the Dreaded Basement


Our basement was really bad. REALLY bad. It used to house our lawnmower, weed whacker, bikes and anything "shed" related. I couldn't stand going down there. I only went into the room twice a week to do laundry and other than that, the door remained shut so I wouldn't have to look at it.

After this weekend (the one when we painted the shed and transferred most of the "shed" stuff out to the shed) the basement looked a little bit better. Sort of like a tornado came through. Perfect for a tackle.

Here is a before picture of the corner of the basement.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Junk, junk and more junk. This place is just full of junk. I am not even sure but that some of this stuff was left by the previous owners because I simply don't remember owning junk like this.

Here is the before of our shelving area.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Horrible, I tell you. As I was sweeping, I noticed tons of dead spiders everywhere. GROSS! (at least they were dead though...that bug killer is good for something)

And the before picture of the dryer area.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


You can't really tell from this picture but the top of that dryer was completely covered in junk. JUNK!!!! Loose screws, nails, driver bits...you name it...it was on there. That took me a while just to clean off the top of the dryer.

But, after an hour worth of work, we have clean surfaces.

The after of the basement corner.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And the after of the shelving area.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And then the after of the dryer.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I also cleaned the bathroom out completely but I forgot to take any pictures so it does no good to show you the afters. You didn't see the befores. I am now completely and thoroughly filthy and just as soon as I get this PB&J faced kid cleaned up and off to naptime, I will be taking a delightful shower. (which will feel sooooo good...I'm telling you.)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

5 comments:

palmtreefanatic said...

woah! you must feel so accomplished! super job! love it!

Diane said...

"it must have been the previous owners junk....because I don't remember ever owning this junk!" I love that!

Isn't it amazing...we live with so many 'disasters' and it only takes an hour or so to make the disasters look so beautiful! Good Tackle It Tuesday project! It must feel so good to know your basement looks so good.

Diane

Lady_MSnow said...

Good for you. You have motivated me to go and get my kitchen clean! :)

Jennifer Sprague, All Natural Mommies said...

WOW - your tackle leaves me in the dust! LOL Great work

Crystal said...

looks good - great job taking back that space.