Monday, July 30, 2007

Planning for our Winter Wardrobe

Boy! I am exhausted. (not really since its morning and I had a good night sleep) But I have to tell you...sewing for 4 days straight really is tiresome. I finshed up another skirt last night (pictures to come later in the day) and my back was beginning to ache so I am calling it quits for now. But all this sewing has got my mind working. (that can be a good thing or a bad thing...I have yet to decide)

As many of you probably already know (and if you don't know, you only need to read a couple of previous posts on this blog to find out) that I strive to be the Proverbs 31 woman. A woman who uses her creativity and abilities to care for and bless her family and her home. I have been struck with the notion lately that I need to sew, crochet and knit more for ourselves and our home. Pretty much all I have done in the past year is crochet dresses for little Chloe. That's not a bad thing, mind you, but maybe God wants me to shift my focus a little bit?

With this in mind, I have begun to devise a plan for our winter wardrobes. (mine and Chloe's. I am not experienced enough to attempt to make anything for James that he would even consider wearing) The next couple of weeks I will start working on this wardrobe plan and see how much of it I can accomplish.

Here is my list so far of what we will need to see us through the winter:

FOR ANNA (that's me)
Sewn
1. 10 skirts (5 everyday, 3 "visiting" and 2 hardwork)
2. 10 tops
3. 2 Sunday dresses
4. slips and other undergarments (to wear with dresses and skirts)
5. 2-4 Headcoverings
6. 2 Aprons
7. 4 Nighties

Knit or Crochet
1. 2 everyday sweaters
2. Sunday Sweater
3. Socks (however many I feel like knitting. I really want to learn to knit some socks)
4. Hat and gloves
5. Long Knit Coat (okay...you knew I had to add this in here because I HAVE to have this coat, right???)
6. Legwarmers (gotta have me some of these for around the house...the socks would probably do the trick but I really love this pattern and it would be a great project to learn cables on)

FOR CHLOE
Sewn
1. 10 dresses (for everday)
2. Coat
3. 5 nightgowns

Knit or Crochet
1. 2 Everyday sweaters
2. Sunday Sweater
3. socks
4. hat and gloves


So this is the list I have compiled so far. I have no clue what we will actually need but I think this is a good start. So, am I crazy? Do you think I can get this all done before winter? We will have to see. I have already been browsing my knitting books for some sweater patterns to start with. I am dying to knit something other than dishcloths. I may even design a sweater or two in crochet.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I am off to find something to knit. (quite possibly a dishcloth since that is up my alley and I need to work on stashbusting thios week anyways)

3 comments:

Lady_MSnow said...

I don't know if you will get it done...but it will be neat to see what you accomplish. :)

Anna said...

Is this a challenge??? I think I may have to try now...just to prove (to myself) that I can do it. LOL.

B said...

Wow! I know I would not be able to accomplish that much by winter! But I hope that you can and I can't wait to see your progress on this list!!

Good luck with it! =)