Monday, July 30, 2007

QUICK!!! Get Me a Bib!

I am drooling all over myself!! Look at what some wonderful fairy godmother at the ville dropped into my mailbox today for Holidays in July!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Oh my goodness! I can hardly believe it. These are some of the most gorgeous doilies I have ever seen. Stunning can't even come close to describing these doilies. AND I MUST HAVE THEM!!! But the magazine is written in another language with charts for these doilies. I don't know how to crochet from a chart...YET!

Just look at these gorgeous doilies...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Gorgeous, I tell you...gorgeous. I was literally ohhhhing and awwwing as I was flipping through this magazine. I kept thinking to myself "I need that one...oh! I need that one too. AND that one!" Each doily in this book needs to be made and displayed in my house. I have decided that.

As I was flipping through my new magazine (and being careful not to let any drool drop on the pages) I opened up a page somewhere in the middle and what do I see???

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


A doily just for me!!! Isn't it gorgeous??? I am assuming that this thread is from another country since the magazine is and the package it came in had a foreign address and foreign stamps. This is DEFINATELY going in my Anne of Green Gables challenge. No doubt about that.

There are so many doilies in this magazine. I can't get over it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


That's another one that is calling to me...begging me to make it for my dining room table. (or bedroom dresser...wouldn't it make a stunning dresser scarf?) So, I guess this means I will be learning to crochet from a chart now. I have been wanting to try it for some time now. This will be fun! Thank you so much fairy godmother for the delightful surprise. I really was surprised and this magazine will be used. You can count on that!

3 comments:

The Shrone said...

Is it all right if I drool with you? Learning to crochet from symbols is not that hard. You'll pick it up in no time, and the motivation to do so is very compelling! What a wonderful surprise gift!

Anna said...

Yes,you may drool with me...as long as you have a bib too. (wouldn't want my new mag to get wet)

Lady_MSnow said...

That book is awesome and it is a very beautiful doily you have been given. :)