Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Weekend Sewing Frenzy

I have already posted pictures from the first half of my four day sewing spree, so now its time for me to post the rest of the story. (just to prove to you that what I am spending today doing is worthy of my time - more on that later in the post.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


What we have first are more Barbie clothes. I have no idea why I am so fascinated with Barbie. I have been since I was a girl. Not that I had a ton of Barbies or anything. Maybe that is why I am fascinated with her. I only had one little Barbie family and one Skipper doll as a girl. And my favorite thing to do with them was sew them clothes. I didn't have a sewing machine, mind you...I did all my sewing by hand. I guess that is where my "designing" started.

Anyways, all Barbies need panties so I made her some to go with her dresses. You would think that those would have been the hardest of the bunch to make but on the contrary, they were the easist. In fact, they were so fun that I think I shall make more in the future. (after I finish our winter wardrobes, of course. Right Ladysnow??)

I couldn't stop with the doll clothes though. I had to make more for the larger dolls while I was at it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Chloe sure is going to have the best dressed dolls around. These were fun to make but I think I like the sunsuit I made the other day better. Onto bigger and better. I made a dress for Chloe.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


A simple dress that wasn't very simple for me to make. I don't know why it is...it is harder for to sew a big thing than it is for me to sew a doll dress or Barbie outfit. Its like that with my crochet too. I can crochet with thread so much easier than I can with yarn. Weird, eh?

And now for the best project of all. Something for myself.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I am totally and completely in love with this skirt. I adore it. I love the fabric (cream with rose-colored roses and olive green leaves) and I love the style. I just love this skirt. In fact, today is the second day I have worn it in a row. I love it that much.

But after all that sewing I needed a break so I whipped out my knitting needles and some Paton's Grace I had in my stash and am now working on a sweater for Chloe. It is from the book Total Baby Knits by Candi Jensen. I have the back of the sweater finished and hope to have it completed by tomorrow or the next day.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Well, I must be going. Lots to do and not enough time in the day. Have a wonderful afternoon everyone. Kiss someone you love today and tell them you love them.

7 comments:

B said...

I am pretty sure I made my dd a dress last year with that same pattern. Mine is here
And it was a pain to make that dress. I do not have a gathering foot on my machine. All that gathering to do! Although I did like how the top came together (with the elastic).
As someone mentioned to me, if the dress still fits but is getting short and you have extra fabric, you can just add another panel to the bottom of the skirt! It is a cute dress. My dd wore it all the time last year!
Hmmm ... maybe I should whip up a few more for her!
And yes, I LOVE that skirt. You must share the pattern you used (although, again it looks familiar and I think I have that pattern too LOL!)

Anna said...

I totally forgot to include the pattern numbers. I was going to do that. I will go look for them.
The dress was sort of a pain to do. I got some skirt sewn into the gathered seam and had to rip out a bunch. (that's what I get for sewing at 11:00 at night) My main problem was getting the sleeves set in right. I must have cut mine wrong because I had a tough time getting them sewn in.
I love your dress, by the way. It is very cute in that green.

Lady_MSnow said...

Oh Anna! I love Chloe's dress and your skirt is gorgeous. I love the pattern and the fabric. Great job...and great job on the knitting too. Not something I have been able to do yet. :)

Anna said...

Thank you Melanie. I feel very girly (opps...make that "feminine" in my new skirt) I really do love it. I think I will have to make a few more in this style. (even though it has a zipper. I don't mind the zippers...I actually find them easy)

Lady_MSnow said...

Well I am sure glad you think zippers are easy because I think they are evil! ;)

Anna said...

To be honest...no one has ever inspected my zippers, so I might be doing them completely wrong...or they might even be horrible. BUT I think I am following the directions right and to me they just seem easy.

Daughter of the King said...

love the skirt..so cute.
Deby