Tuesday, September 11, 2007

On This Day in History

20 something years ago today, a little baby boy was born into this world. He took his first breath and cried. Even before this boy was conceived, God had a plan for him. A purpose. I am so blessed to be a part of that purpose. So truly blessed.

That baby grew up into a boy and then into a man. It was this man who asked me to marry him and 9 years ago, I became his wife. Oh, I am so honored to have this man in my life. He can make me laugh like no one else. He knows me better than I know myself. I enjoy watching baseball with him. (only if its the Yankees though) He will sit and unwind my yarn balls for me as I am crocheting. (of course, he jokes that he is going to tie my finished project to the back of his truck and drive around the neighborhood, watching it unwind so he can see how long the "string" is, but I honestly believe this is only a threat. He knows what would happen to him if he tried) He gets up in the middle of the night and plods downstairs just to get me a glass of water. He will turn on his bluegrass music and dance with me in the middle of the kitchen whenever I ask him too. He will eat burnt steak if it is set before him. He will sit in bed on Friday nights and play Yatzee with me. He will wake up early in the morning and drink a cup of coffee with me while we both write out our Bibles. (good point to know: James detests coffee)

Oh, I truly am a lucky woman to be called his wife.

Happy Birthday James. I love you so very much. My deepest prayer is that as the years of our life together goes by, we will grow closer and closer to each other and to the Lord. James, I want to grow old with you. Someday, we will sit on our front porch (when we ever get our farm) in our rocking chairs and we will remember when...

Click here to watch "our life song".

1 comment:

Lady_MSnow said...

Tell you hubby that I hope he has a very wonderful birthday today!