Saturday, September 08, 2007

Can I Do It?

I consider myself a fairly strong person when it comes to certain things. I love strongly. I hate strongly. (I must be Irish) I pursue my ambitions and dreams strongly. But one things I am not very strong at is resisting something I really want but don't really need. (consider my extensive yarn stash - enough said)

Take at look at what a blogger friend showed me the other day. Its a knit-a-long for Anne of Green Gables fans. Oh me, Oh my. Why on earth would she show something like this to me. ME! A person who is so easily enticed by things I have no business being enticed by. I don't NEED to join this knit-a-long. I really don't need to do it. But will I resist it? Will I be able to say no to adding one more thing on top of my already extensive to-do list?

Okay. In order to help myself out here, I will write out for myself some prefectly good reasons for me NOT to join this knit-a-long.

1. I don't knit. Well, I do knit...but not very well. I am only a beginner.
2. I already have my own Anne of Green Gables challenge and isn't one enough???
3. There is no way possible that I could WIN the competition. (my knitting is quite sub-par)
4. There is a reading schedule for all the books over the course of a few months (the duration of the knit-a-long) but I have already read this entire series at the beginning of this year. Do I really need to read it again after such a short span of time?
5. I seem to remember alot more in those books about crocheting than I do about knitting. Maybe I should start my own Anne of Green Gables crochet-a-long? (again, my already swamped to-do list might not stand up under that kind of pressure)
6. I don't know anyone who is doing this challenge. (and if I know you and you ARE taking up this challenge, don't bother telling me about it. It might cause my resolve to cave in after which I would unwittingly sign up)
7. How often have I finished ANY "a-long" that I have started? (I don't want to talk about this anymore...)
8. James already thinks I am a nut. Do I need to make it any worse?
9. I can be a fan without joining, right?

I think I am running low on reasons but I feel pretty confident in myself that I CAN withold myself from joining....for at least one week. Anyone who cares to differ from me...can just leave me alone. I AM STRONG!!!

10 comments:

Lea said...

An Anne of Green Gables CAL????? OH My!!! we so have to have one!!!

Anna said...

That is NOT what you were supposed to say Lea. You were SUPPOSED to say..."Stop Anna...before you hurt yourself!" but I will overlook it this once since I am sure you were just so excited you forgot that I am trying NOT to join this (or any) "a-longs".

Rebecca said...

I agree with Lea that a CAL should be done!! I am not even looking at the knit-a-long because I cannot knit to save my life. But crochet...that I can do.

laralou said...

I wanna do a AoGG CAL too! Oops! I mean, don't do it. You have too much on your plate. (Will be checking back in to see if your resolve is broken soon...)

laralou said...

I wanna do a AoGG CAL too! Oops! I mean, don't do it. You have too much on your plate. (Will be checking back in to see if your resolve is broken soon...)

B said...

ROFL! If I had known you needed to make a list of reasons I wouldn't have shared! Ha! Yeah, I would have! I like to tempt people into things like this ;-)
I personally feel that crocheting is close enough to be in the KAL. Or maybe they can make it a KAL/CAL so that the crocheters can join in the fun. I'm really thinking that Anne would definitely approve of that mix.
I think I should join, but am not sure because of the Christmas projects on the list ... but even though I'm not supposed to say it - If you sign up, I will sign up! ROFL!! =)

Lady_MSnow said...

I agree with a CAL...but why don't we make it something that is for the start of 2008...that way we can anticipate and not get overrun. ;)

Anna said...

Okay B...you are just being cruel now. (if I sign up...you sign up...humph) Do you all not realize what you are doing to me??? Tempting me...that's what.

Ladysnow, you've got a very good idea going there. I wonder how much interest there would be in something starting in...oh...say...January? Of course, it wouldn't be the same because I would have to start it and all. This knit-a-long is already put together. Then again...I could do both. Why not? Pretty good idea. Oh wait! I wasn't supposed to be adding any more to my piled-high-plate. You guys are all bad!

B said...

ROFL!! Poor Anna!
So many choices and options!
Let me know what you are doing ... I suppose if you start a CAL for the new year, I will just have to learn to crochet. And when my husband asks why I'm learning another thing, well, of course I can say it's all your fault ROFL!!! ;-)

Anna said...

Maybe we can make ours a "joint" CAL/KAL. That way no one will feel left out. We could even include embroidery because I KNOW Anne embroidered. (at least in the first book)